Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
5.30 am to 6.30 am sees a lot of bikes on the road with out lights , I put it down to shift change time at 6 am people going to and from work. Another thing that happens around that time is cars driving the wrong way down a one way street. Usually British registered if heading for the station and foreign registered if not , saves them going around the one way system.

Sep 10, 2013
Chelmsford Essex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Getting better
Driving through London is a nightmare, middle daughter lives in Balham and when we come back after a Sunday at her place I come through Clapham and Elephant & Castle. We both look out for the idiot cyclists trying to spot the few with a light. The norm seems to be dressed in black, on a bike with no lights and take any route they fancy, redlights being a minor hold up.
How bus drivers cope with it I just don't know. The cops need take some action. Today it's just a mess, with the driver taking the blame, don't get me started on motorcyclists, they drive me up the wall as well, as they never seem to be able to stay in a lane for 2 minutes.
Rant over!

Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
Ride safe , always use the pavement. Ride across zebra crossing .
That's what so many seem to do !
Regards Dave dotsontour .

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
2018, Apache 634 150 Auto
Exp
Since 2015
Thank you,
A little early for my brain to be in gear , always get confused by the spelling of their or the use of I've as the yanks hate it."I've not been there" is not grammatical in American English
It wasn't the spelling or grammar he corrected, just the sentence. (y)

OP
OP
Big bus man

Big bus man

Free Member
Sep 20, 2015
Crawley
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since March 2015
Ooooo that's harsh, my view is let them do what they want, just don't involve me or my vehicles and especially don't hold me up because you believe you have every right to be on the road too. Common sense rules the day but most know they will get a short 'telling off' if stopped and god forbid if one should get knocked over, it is always the driver who pays the price.
cyclists ..should ride in the gutter where they belong.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
We have a great walk/cycle way 5 minutes from our house. It is an old railway line that runs from our Duthie Park to Peterculter and is approx. 8 miles long. The normal cyclist are mostly OK but the commuting cyclists or “cikes” as my wife calls them (work it out for yourself) are a bunch of B’stards. They race along the line trying to beat their get-home times and nothing is allowed in their way. My mother-in-law has been knocked over, sworn at to control her effing dog, and my wife and many other women on the track have been subjected to abuse. One poor lady was knocked over and broke her collar bone and fractured her wrist; they still haven’t found the culprit. These brave cyclist never confront men, they only bully women; yes they might shout abuse but from 100 yards away going in the opposite direction, pussies. I have stayed away from the track this summer because it was getting so bad that a cyclist was going to get a size 10 right up his arse and I would have been nicked. Many of us have complained to our local councillor but nothing has been done and it won’t be until a cyclist knocks over a small child, too late by then. So, hello to all you nice cyclist and to those of you who aren’t 621311251521 and that is not my phone number.

ABZSteve

Free Member
Banned
Jan 8, 2014
Aberdeen
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 2015
What about bells. Just back from walking the dog, the same cyclist as every day comes up silently behind and has to do a swerve to avoid the dog and lead. I say, ring a bell, he says nothing and rides away.
Yip, a "cike", I hate that.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
they do have every right to be on the road, and they might hold you up.
In Spain they ride 5 abreast or more and you most by law give them a 1.5 metre gap when overtaking.... that is if you can otherwise you sit behind them................................. for ages.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Done quite a bit of traffic free cycling this summer and it has been great. Most people are sensible and friendly on the shared paths and it works very well. When a pedestrian stands out of the way I always say "Thank you" as I pass.

Bells are funny things (I do have one) they can sound quite aggressive but a quick "ting ting" as "Just letting you know I'm here" should not be a problem...... also I think the sign that is on Barmouth bridge setting out the rules should be universal on shared routes for pedestrians and cyclists - pedestrians always have priority. After all cyclists can always elect to become pedestrians!

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
They all have the ting ting things in Holland, heard them many times behind me;)

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Actually who is protecting the driver from people who are officially banned from using a cycle?? Some people with epilepsy are for example not allowed to ride a bike on the highway. Without a bike registration scheme who is to know ?? And if the worst happens and they have a seizure in front of a driver who will automatically get the blame, how will that end up ???

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
I think that one eyed monsters(cars with at least one headlight not working) are as big a problem. Why dont people check their lights and change them as required. Something that looks like a motorbike then turns out to be a car is dangerous especially in dark country roads.
The reason there are so many cyclops vehicles is because there are many of them that only garages can replace them because they are so well hidden. The old Ford Ka was bad. Front wheel and wheel arch liner had to be removed to get at the headlight.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Actually who is protecting the driver from people who are officially banned from using a cycle?? Some people with epilepsy are for example not allowed to ride a bike on the highway. Without a bike registration scheme who is to know ?? And if the worst happens and they have a seizure in front of a driver who will automatically get the blame, how will that end up ???

Very good points.

I have been advised by my GP not to drive at the moment pending the outcome of tests. He knows I cycle but did not tell me not to (although I haven't). The weird thing is that although my GP has given me the advice until I have a firm diagnosis there is no requirement to notify the DVLA (we checked). The chances are that I will be okay to drive but in the meantime better safe than sorry. I just hope the results and hospital appointment come through soon.

Oct 5, 2012
Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Carado T132
Exp
5 years, feel free to ask me about the Carado!!
Very good points.

I have been advised by my GP not to drive at the moment pending the outcome of tests. He knows I cycle but did not tell me not to (although I haven't). The weird thing is that although my GP has given me the advice until I have a firm diagnosis there is no requirement to notify the DVLA (we checked). The chances are that I will be okay to drive but in the meantime better safe than sorry. I just hope the results and hospital appointment come through soon.
Hope things work out for you OK (y)

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...

ah come on don't be shy....hands up indeed:)

. bikeboner.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back