LIFE MEMBER
Aug 10, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
Carthago S Plus - Iveco
Exp
Since 2011
If you wanted a cycling holiday in Portugal, where would you head for? As in quiet roads, hills and great scenery?

I am fairly up on where to cycle in Spain, although learning more all the time, but Portugal is a cycling mystery to me.

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
the time of year will probably influence your choice,but at this time the Ecovia is hard to beat.(you could look up Ecovia do litoral place).
runs from Cape st vicent at Sagres across the Algarve to VilaReal De Santo Antonio.
Can be a bit difficult at times to be sure that you are on the "track", but thats part of the fun and we go back regularly.Do not expect pristine surfaces,there are a few bits where you are safer walking.All over portugal there some brillant cycle runs,and a mass of information on the internet.
Strangely the Tourist Office often deny all knowledge of the Eco Via -but ,( and we only found out recently) ,if you just keep asking in the tourist office -there are detailed cycle maps to be had!
They often have to be ordered for you and there may be a fee, -good luck

Boertjie

Free Member
Oct 7, 2018
Portugal
Funster No
MH
Adria 660 SP
Exp
Hi glastry. I just tried getting more info on the Ecovia in the Algarve but came up wanting... Do you have an idea of where specifically I can find more info please?

glastry

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 20, 2012
northern ireland and portugal
Funster No
MH
a class s550
Exp
20+
Hi glastry. I just tried getting more info on the Ecovia in the Algarve but came up wanting... Do you have an idea of where specifically I can find more info please?

if you google ecovia do litoral, you should get loads of information.When you are in Portugal,any tourist office should be able to help.

Deleted User
A warning to anyone using the part of the Ecovia between Tavira and Cabanas de Tavira, the foot/cycle bridge over the river near Cabanas has been closed since early this year because of severe distortion ,like the wall of death, and looks in imminent danger of collapse, with no signs of renewal or repair.

To make matters worse they have now started work on the N125 bridge over the same river which formed part of the very badly signed diversion, the works are traffic light controlled and the only lane open is very narrow with no room for cyclists or pedestrians and is an accident waiting to happen in my opinion.

There is a petition about this situation

http://peticaopublica.com/pview.aspx?pi=pelapontedoalmargem

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back