Cycle accident caused by pot-hole. Distressing picture. (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Yes he has a garmin on his bike (road bike) so does Nikki, she uses it to measure her distance traveled and overall speed as well as recording or following a map... that's what they do. Last week she recorded a fantastic 15 miles at an average speed of 12 mph, hardly too fast but she has a garmin.

Nikki is my kind of cyclist (y)......................;)

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
Last year Milton Keynes Council received 46 claims for pothole damage. The total of pay-out for successful claims from members of the public in 2016 was just over £1,200

Quick bit of math's goes to show how difficult it is to get a claim through...that's an average of £26 per claim. if every claim was a success. The fact they had inspected on the 26th and repaired on the 29th goes to show how difficult it will be. 3 days will probably be seen as an adequate response and also noting that there were cones in the vicinity I wonder if they will say that they had actually marked it out. We have a similar one near us where they have coned it off and it's in the middle of the road causing traffic chaos, it's like living in a 3rd world country in some places...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2016
Algarve & North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
No as said earlier you have to prove that they have had a reasonable amount of time to repair the pot hole and that they have neglected to do so.

Makes no difference whether he was riding to fast. To fast for what? BTW it's not a sports bike, just a standard Ribble road bike. Here's a picture of my Ribble sports bike which I am about to go out on and race the TT on. 10 miles tonight as fast as I can aiming to stay anywhere between 20 and 30 mph for the complete course... I will have my garmin on too as of course I need to know how fast I am going and what pace.... If something smashes my bike tonight I won't be pleased. Btw my helmet cost more than my motorbike crash helmet, cycling is addictive and very expensive.

View attachment 228504

Don't forget to level that wonky saddle first!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back