Cyclamatic pro cx4 folding ebike (1 Viewer)

Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Anyone had any experience of these bikes? Been offered them and thought could be good to keep in the van for those sites that are a bit more remote. Have no experience in ebikes so looking for advice
thanks
Geoff

Cheshirecat57

Free Member
Feb 3, 2018
Mid Cheshire
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years on and off
My view
Will a £600(new) electric bike do the job- YES
Will it do the job as well as a £3000 electric bike - NO
Will the £3000 bike be 5 times better - NO
If you buy a new £600 bike will you ever lose £650 - NO

If nothing else, it’s a way in to trying the concept 👍

Wikky

Free Member
Aug 6, 2020
Cambridge
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7065+
Exp
Since 2003
I do a reasonable amount of cycling on my road bike and my wife hasn't ridden a bike since the kids were young. We both haven't ridden ebikes but I was interested in what they were like to ride. However a couple of years ago we stayed at the CMC site near Corby and there was an ebike shop v close to the site entrance so one day we rented a couple of ebikes from them and cycled on the forest tracks and the country roads near the site.
We were both v impressed and my wife thought they were great as it gave her more confidence on the bike. I left mine largely switched off until we got to some of the larger hills when I then switched it on and it was just like being given a helping push. Seamless assistance when required. Although I'm not ready for one just yet I can see they would be very good for the mh but I just feel I can't justify the expense of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
Very similar spec to our first electric bikes a pair of Tesco Hoppers, they were far better then I expected we even rode them up over some of the cols in France, and wetted our appetite for electric bikes.

OP
OP
Geoff185
Jul 25, 2017
Rugby
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 185
Exp
Since2012
Thanks all, just to update the bikes were sold but another pair came up. Even better only 20.3 kg with batteries(Expedition ECO) Only had chance to go round local villages but very impressed. Looking forward to eventually being let loose and take them away with us
Thanks again
Geoff CCA827CF-35EA-4E2F-8994-0C9105CCDAFE.jpeg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back