Customising the interior (1 Viewer)

T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
What changes have you made to the interior of your motorhome?

We bought our existing coach knowing that we'd probably change some of the interior at a later date. (This saved me $2M, but that's a story for another time.)

As bought (new), the living area had two opposing sofas, one of them a sofabed (or bed settee as we used to call them in Wales). This was great for the times when the missus invited everyone in the campground over for cocktails, but not really practical for much else. I don't find sofas particularly comfortable, and it required the use of a coffee table as a makeshift computer table. (The missus didn't like me monopolising the dining table.)

The photos show:

- The original sofabed and makeshift computer table.
- Sofabed removed and dismantled.
- New credenza in process.
- Completed desk and credenza, awaiting a chair.
- New "mobile office".

The new wood appears lighter than the original, but cherry darkens over time and then stops, so now you can't tell the difference between the old and new.

Attachments

• sofa_table.jpg
    sofa_table.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 47
  • sofa_removed.jpg
    sofa_removed.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 50
  • cabinets_in_process.jpg
    cabinets_in_process.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 48
  • desk.jpg
    desk.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 47
  • chair.jpg
    chair.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 47

ruffingitsmoothly

Deceased RIP
Jan 2, 2008
West of Southampton edge
Funster No
MH
A Class RV
Exp
Hi

When I convert the Windsor to UK electrics I changed the TV cabinet, as I was constantly banging my head on it as it was directly over the drivers seat, I removed and cut it down, then fitted a flat screen 26"(I had to replace the TV anyway) in the middle leaning down slightly. No more banging my head getting in and out of the drivers seat:thumb:

Not a Bad job for a hamfisted truck driver?

Regards Pat

Attachments

• 100_0314.jpg
    100_0314.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 24
  • 100_0336.jpg
    100_0336.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 000_0349.jpg
    000_0349.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 000_0339.jpg
    000_0339.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 31

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi TJ try this for customising
Link Removed
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Pat,

I probably have the same bumps on my noggin that you had. I replaced our tube TV with a 32" LCD, but it's temporarily attached to the outside of the old cabinet. I'm going to have to completely replace those front cabinets. Not something I want to tackle myself, and I had quite a shock when I got a quote from a custom RV cabinet shop to do it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
T

TJ-RV

Deleted User
Thanks for the link Terry. That's very impressive.

I should clarify that I didn't do my mini office. It was done by a custom RV cabinet shop in Junction City, Oregon. We stopped there on our way through so we could finalize the design and they could take measurements. We stopped there again 2 weeks later for them to do the install. We were able to boondock (wild camp) overnight in their parking lot.

These guys have a really nice operation. They used to do all the cabinets for Monaco until Monaco bought Safari and got the Safari cabinet shop, which now makes all the cabinets for Monaco. The independent cabinet shop decided to do custom work to replace the lost business.

Attachments

• Davis.jpg
    Davis.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Davis_customers.jpg
    Davis_customers.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 18

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.