Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Just thought I’d let you all know,,just had an interesting call with a lovely lady from Silver Screens,,I was just going to order a Paragon xl for the winter( I already have the normal screens), but the lady advised me against leaving them on over winter,,,my initial thought was,,,why would someone do that, I was happy to depart with £200 but on her advice I won’t,,,,but how refreshing to have an honest service approach to a customer,,if all companies were like this what a great marketplace we would have,,,SilverScreens have got my vote👍👍👍👍👍

OP
OP
Wabs

Wabs

Free Member
May 30, 2020
Dartford
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr E572
Exp
Always learning.
Edit,,,the SilverScreen I already have is brilliant,,,👍👍

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
Did she give reasons for not leaving them on over winter?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Gellyneck

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 5, 2014
Scotland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
More than toes wet now!
Taylormade give the same advice however we bought a new set about a year ago and fit the old set when motorhome is in storage.

Permanent fitting does result in the screens absorbing some water and can end up "frozen" however there are some benefits of fitting them, eg long line (as ours are) covers the windscreen scuttle (X250) and keeps leaves, etc from blocking the drain holes, stops the wipers getting frozen to the windscreen after freezing snow, etc, etc .................

EzeeRider

Free Member
Sep 12, 2007
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2001
I have a Paragon but for storage I use a cheap universal screen which you can buy on line or at the shows for about £50.
ezee

AndyPK

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 7, 2015
Cirencester
Funster No
MH
None……..!
Exp
Motorhoming since 2015......
I take my Silver Screen off in the winter - but only when driving!;)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
It’s also helps to stop claims against a company to be upfront about product limitations. The Gazebo shop will advise their all year robust Gazebo should not be permanently erected as adverse weather can damage them.

May 20, 2015
Newbury
Funster No
MH
AS Kingham
Exp
Since 1970
We are fortunate enough to live in the country surrounded by trees. Downside is oaks and larch drop loads of bits which block scuttle drains, despite leaving Lakeland bottle brushes permanently in outlets. So I cover windscreen and top of bonnet with a cheap £45 version. Outer layer goes brittle after a year so at moment it’s being attacked by birds who seem to like the inside stuffing for winter roosts. Win win

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back