Customer service? (1 Viewer)

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Over the last three weeks we have tried to resolve two problems with our motorhome.

We need a replacement rear, off-side lens cover for our motorhome. (My fault). Having read good reports of an Irish sounding name of part suppliers I e-mailed to see if they could help. Not surprisingly they asked for a photograph of the required part. I supplied that the same day but received no response.

I waited one week then e-mailed them again asking that “as I have received no reply do I presume that you cannot help”? Again that e-mail has received no reply.

We also have a problem with the Peugeot part of our motorhome. The “Add-blue low” warning light and message is illuminated even though the reservoir is full. We have had difficulty in locating a Peugeot Commercial dealership in South Wales that can look at it because of the height of the m/h and limited head room in their workshops, when on a hydraulic lift. The m/h is still under warranty, just under one year old.

We contacted the Peugeot HQ help line asking if they could put us in touch with a dealership that may be able to help. Two weeks later, you’ve guessed it, no response.

What are these companies thinking? The only other Peugeot I have owned was a scooter which was a total disaster. When/if we come to change our present motorhome a Peugeot base vehicle will be last in line.

A simple reply saying “sorry we don’t have that part in stock” or “your local commercial vehicle workshops are..........” would, at least, let us know to try elsewhere.

So, am I being unreasonable ? Is this the standard we should come to expect?

Oct 1, 2017
Funster No
In my experience of late dealing with BT and other service providers, yes.
I spoke with RS Motorhome two weeks ago saying I’m looking at selling and will be looking to purchase something larger in the future when I’ve completed my class c for a LGV, I was told I’ll get sales to call you, guess what, nothing so looks like I’ll look at selling through another route.
Their loss, I think?

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Feel for you. Only said to a funster the other day that it really annoys me that companies and workmen never reply to my requests for a quotation for them to do a job.

All this, 'We' ll call you back. ' then nothing. Why don' t they just say they don't want/can't do the job or don't sell the part. :(

Hopefully, one day they will be desperate for work or sales and they will wonder why nobody contacts them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 13, 2020
Leicester
Funster No
MH
'Inbetweeners'
Exp
Newbie. Motor home experience began on 1/8/2020.
Totally different situation but having read posts about Certificate of Compliance I thought I would enquire with Peugot and Swift as they took over Autocruise around the time our MH was built.

Despite the Peugot website stating they were not responding to enquiries regarding COC due to Covid restrictions, guess what, I got a reply. £200 mind! Still not heard anything from Swift and it has been maybe 3 weeks or more now.

Customer service is no longer a consideration unless you move in the top echelons ( I am surmising here as I am firmly entrenched in the lower echelon) .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back