Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Are there any Engineers/Enthusiasts out there who are restoring RV's to keep our heritage and individuality alive?

Can anyone point me in the direction of a custom exhaust fabricator who can build me an exhaust to spec?

I have had a quote from someone but would love to hear any recommendations from the members here.

Please PM me?

Cheers in advance....::bigsmile:

Steve.

Last edited:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
you may have to google some hot rod sites . there was a chap traded as mike the pipe a few years ago lots used him . cant remember where he was. try some of the street rod association lads they will know who is best at moment. cheers alan.

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years
Hi I have had a fair bit of dealing with 'Double S Exhausts' Cullompton Devon 01884 33454 they produce stainless steel systems - not cheap but guarenteed for life - nice crowd to deal with

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
you may have to google some hot rod sites . there was a chap traded as mike the pipe a few years ago lots used him . cant remember where he was. try some of the street rod association lads they will know who is best at moment. cheers alan.

Now there' s a name from the past.......

Haven't used him since the bike racing days.

Many Thanks Alan.:thumb:

Hi I have had a fair bit of dealing with 'Double S Exhausts' Cullompton Devon 01884 33454 they produce stainless steel systems - not cheap but guarenteed for life - nice crowd to deal with

And another....Used them some years ago for a s/s replacement on my car....Still got it and the exhaust is like new.

Didn't know they were still around.....

Many Thanks Landy lover.

Last edited:

GEOFFs125

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
Salisbury, Wilts
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
I use a firm called Torque Technique, in Wilton near Salisbury, Wiltshire. Might be tad too far for you.

They have got me out of trouble a number of times. Snapped off the tail pipe section from the rear box, whilst crawling along a very, very narrow country lane going to a Motocross race meeting.:cry:

This was four days before the MOT on my RV. Phoned them on the Monday morning, by Tuesday lunch time I had a new pipe fitted which ran out through the rear of the RV, made in stainless steel. They did a first class job.:thumb:

Geoff

zaskar

Free Member
Sep 25, 2007
UK
Funster No
MH
5th Wheel
Exp
30+
These guys have a very good reputation............

Stainless Steel Exhausts, Manifolds, Car Exhausts Systems - JP Exhausts Ltd, Cheshire, UK

Not cheap, but good quality.
I once talked to them about an s/s system for a 6.5 chevy RV but unfortunately, I couldn't afford the price.
They were, however, very approachable and very helpfull. I've seen them mentioned on various motorhome and 4x4 Forums and not read anything that was less than complimentary.

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Cheers Guys,

I've found someone now who's going to fabricate me one.:thumb:

Many thanks for your help.

Much appreciated.

Now for a new Carb.....:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi , who did you get in the end? try webber in sunbury .or or there is an su place near salisbury. course you could use a dellorto .speak to james at stateside think they do them. cheers alan.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi steve ,did you gogle mike the pipe . lots of threads , but sadly it appears he died in 2004. another name from the past gone. were you around in the 70,s 80,s custom car era. i still have mates with ford pops n ford 5 window coupes. some in my road. i helped in one of the rebuilds of plum crazy a few years ago. prefer trucks now. but still keep in touch with some. found a surf coast cruisers t shirt from 1982 at my mums the other day. still in its bag .probably the only one in existance now. cheers alan.

OP
OP
American Dream

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Hi Alan.

I spoke to James @ Stateside and he was talking 4 barrel holleys.

I think realistically I'll go the Edelbrock route as they should slot straight on the manifold where my Carter is at the moment.

Both 4 barrel and almost identical designs.

I figure replacing the carb and getting the jetting right before getting the final stage of the lpg mixer on.

I remember Mike the Pipe.

So many of the old enthusiasts have stopped trading or have been lost to time.:Sad:

Still got my Lotus with the exhaust that SS made for it.

Good old days eh?

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
didnty realise holley,s were still around we used to use them on vw,s years ago. s,s are ok. at cullumpton. i used to show cars at alley palley years ago. birmingham bingley hall etc. just beendown tosee a mate with a 34 ford he reckons when its finshed 50 to 60 grand. all too much for me. i think the vw market as gone crazy as well. people paying 2to 3 grand for what i think 35 quid scrap. must be getting too old. have fun . alan.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back