Currently at Dinopolis - suggestions for the next site please (1 Viewer)

Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
We are parked up at Dinopolis (thanks to Tonka et al for the suggestions).

We are heading to Peniscola / Ebre region but was planning on stopping first at Altomira campsite (Navajas) for a few days.

Anyone have any thoughts on this site?

Any suggestions for this area. We are looking for places to walk / cycle and run (I'm feeling soft after 24 hours on the ferry, Cabercenos and the drive down to here today.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Its been a very long time but sure we have stopped there in early days before we started to use Aires.
Seem to remember its up in the hills and steepish hill but thats all..

How about here.. https://www.valenciacamperpark.com/en/
Not stayed there but looks well on your route and handy of you wanted to get into Valencia for a look around..

Alistair33

Free Member
Aug 23, 2016
North Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
None
A few days ago we stayed at Camping El Eden it was €17 a night, well located and spent a couple of days chilled on the beach

EDIT. Sorry that’s not what you we’re after but I’ll leave the post up anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
D
Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
Thanks for the replies.

Yesterday was a bank holiday here and Thursday is also a regional holiday. The site warden here stated they were fully booked for the weekend.

With this in mind, we have booked for 4 nights at Playa Tropicana near Alcossebre.

Pricey for a larger plot ( and the boss wanted a hook up too!) Let hope that the drinks are indeed free!

PS
Weather is blue sky and 27C

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
For future reference, Camping Alromira in Navajas is a lovely site. Interesting layout as all the annual pitches are situated at the bottom of the hill, very shaded with tress and the ubiquitous shade canopies. Touring pitches are at the top of the slope and much lighter. Some are quite small and have a bit of a ledge between the road and the pitch. Showers etc are good. We found the town of Navajas grows on you, in the village square there is a carnicería in the most magnificent building.
Via Verde right outside the site for walking and cycling. Train from Navajas goes to Valencia on a regular service.

OP
OP
D
Sep 1, 2017
Funster No
I agree with you Jenowen. When we first arrived, it was really busy and the drive up to the top terrace was a little disconcerting to me (a virgin Motorhomer).

However, overnight the place emptied out quite a bit, I made use of the washrooms and washup facilities and the place has grown on me.

Did a six mile run yesterday one way on the via verde and took the electric bikes the other way today (great cool tunnels to ride through).

I would recommend it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jenowen

Free Member
Aug 2, 2014
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
2 years
Yes, the Vía Verde is great to run along, nice and flat once you climb away from the camp site, and the motion activated lights in the tunnels are quite amazing. Glad you enjoyed your visit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back