Current and inverter. (1 Viewer)

Aug 31, 2019
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur.
Exp
Since 2019
Hi all, thanks for reading.
We collect our new to us motorhome early in December, as our pervious one didn't have an inverter we didn't use things like cook pots, kettles and microwaves, on our new one we are having a 2Kw inverter, 350w of solar and a 360ah lithium battery all fitted by the dealer. Instead of guessing which appliance I can get and waiting for a fuse to pop or not, I would like to know how I find out what will work with our set up. I have a slow cooker that is 200-240w at 230v that is 2amps but at 12v its 20amps, the fuse in the domestic plug is 16amp so would the fuse from the battery be larger or smaller than 20amp. I don't know the fuse that will be protecting the inverter, although I guess there is a formula for calculating this.

More of a basic question is what wattage of slow cooker, coffer machine and maybe a microwave should I be looking to buy to be used with the new system.

Thanks for any help.
Dave

May 22, 2015
Wem Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago E Line 51QB
Exp
Been getting away since 2008
Plug it in, if it works then that’s fine.
Learn from using your appliances, over time you’ll work out what you can and can’t use.

Upvote 0
Mar 13, 2020
Tamworth
Funster No
MH
Hymer T575
Exp
Since 2007
Your inverter may be different but mine just provides a single socket which is separate from the standard MH sockets used on hook up so not convenient to use all the time. If you may still want to be able to use your devices when on hook up then check the rating of the MH circuit. Ours trips out at 6 amps so less than your inverter. For this reason I stick to 1200w or below which rules out standard domestic kettles and many hair dryers. Slow cookers and microwaves should be OK.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back