Current Account with no ATM charges abroad and FREE WINE!!! (1 Viewer)

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Now be honest it was the 'free wine' bit that got your attention wasn't it! :LOL:

If you open a Virgin Money current account and switch in another one from elsewhere (along with 2 DDs) you can get a case of 15 free bottles of wine (one per household):

In addition the card is usable abroad for purchases and importantly in ATMs free of charge as Virgin don't charge you for doing so, obviously whether the ATM provider does is another matter. We had already been thinking of getting an account for holiday use but the wine offer swung it for us ... well hubby anyway! :giggle:

Twogirls

Free Member
Mar 21, 2016
ESSEX
Funster No
MH
Elddis Autoquest 300
Exp
Since 2014
We'll all be on chip and pin. Cash us becoming a dirty word.
You may be right, but where we are in Portugal very few of the local restaurants take anything other than cash or Portugese bank cards, not sure how widespread this is in other parts of Portugal, but we are constantly having to make sure we have cash to pay for meals and drinks etc. Still, it's a small price to pay for living in such a beautiful place 😎😎

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
TSB will stop paying interest on my current account from December, so I've been looking for somewhere new. THANKS!

Gordon

Feb 19, 2017
Leighton Buzzard
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Ten years
You may be right, but where we are in Portugal very few of the local restaurants take anything other than cash or Portugese bank cards, not sure how widespread this is in other parts of Portugal, but we are constantly having to make sure we have cash to pay for meals and drinks etc. Still, it's a small price to pay for living in such a beautiful place 😎😎

Same here on the Algarve, a lovely meal out a couple of days ago, but only cash, no cards. Personally I don’t have an issue with it, a little cash helps the world go round.

OP
OP
Minxy

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
TSB will stop paying interest on my current account from December, so I've been looking for somewhere new. THANKS!

Gordon
Another reason we were looking to switch too ... TSB's 'Help' is awful, the search doesn't work, there's no way to contact them without ringing now ... we've been with them for a long time, along with our main Lloyds account, but not anymore.

You could also consider the Nationwide current account too which gives 2% for a year on £1,500 but needs a monthly cash input of £1,000 a month (it doesn't have to stay there so transfer it back out if you want) and I don't think they need direct debits.

Also don't forget to check out any that are offering switching rewards too.

Some info here about them all:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back