Curious (1 Viewer)

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
Er indoors has been messing with the sat system and it came up NO SIGNAL RECEIVED and then a number which she said was 29 I've seen the message before but with differing numbers (ie) 29..26..36............ anyone know what the numbers mean or indicate...just a bit curious thats all

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
really helpful this one ,

NO IDEA:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

sorry mate...:Blush:

could be degrees east if you have an auto dish.....just a thought

Last edited:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Er indoors has been messing with the sat system and it came up NO SIGNAL RECEIVED and then a number which she said was 29 I've seen the message before but with differing numbers (ie) 29..26..36............ anyone know what the numbers mean or indicate...just a bit curious thats all

I know what 42 is.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Benwick Rambler

Free Member
Oct 21, 2008
Cambridgeshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
3 years
Mondo,

I used to get this message on my Oyster system until quite recently. My problem was caused by an Arab satellite which was located close to the Astra satellite. My Oyster system would go into automatic search mode and then lock-on to the nearby Arab satellite, giving the message “satellite found” on the control box but the TV displayed the message (no satellite signal being received).

This problem could sometimes be solved by lowering the Oyster dish as starting again, but was very hit and miss and could take many attempts to overcome and sometimes not at all.

I discovered at the Oct 08 NEC motorhome show that my Oyster system needed a software upgrade and took the opportunity recently to visit TSC at 12 Denby Lane, Grange Moor, Wakefield, WF4 4ED http://www.1oyster.co.uk The proprietor, Robert Jackson was able to remove my Oyster control box and install the software upgrade in about 30 minutes. I believe he will also do this if you post your Oyster control box to him. Problem now solved for me and Oyster quickly locks-on to the correct Astra satellite.

As I don’t know what type of system you are using, then the above may not be applicable to you. The following link to Sky may also help. http://www.sky.com/portal/site/skycom/skyhelpcentre/producthelp?nodeId=a18bb219-5076-43c0-990f-d7d97acaca2d&articleId=3571610

Brian

Satandpcguy

Funster
Jun 18, 2008
Gandia, Valencia, Spain
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
None
i had a lsit of the error number codes...
but then one day i decided to try them out....and got three different numbers for when i disconnected the cable from ythe dish...so i did not persue it further....
maybe it is a random number generator for lottery numbers???

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back