scotty1

Free Member
Mar 10, 2010
Kent
Funster No
MH
Wildax solaris xl
Exp
i have 2009 warwick duo,with peugeot cab.our problem is lack of cup holders what have you guys done to overcome this with the boxer,many thanks in anticipation.

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Nothing yet but I'm considering it. Something on the right of the steering wheel would be good. At the moment I just pull over and make a brew.:D

Reactions: CWH

GeebeeJaybee

Free Member
May 28, 2015
St Helens
Funster No
MH
A Class - Adria Vision
Exp
Changed our motorhome! Well not entirely for this reason but there was some celebrating when the new (to us) one had cup holders! More excited about that than the satellite system!

Oct 20, 2013
South Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Yes
Bloody hell Dawn the suction cups let the sat nav fall off the screen -Don't fancy a boiling hot coffee in my lap at 70 mph :D:confused:
terry
They work well because they are supported by the dashboard.
We've had them in both vehicles for yonks with no spillage

Cal54

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2014
Southport, UK
Funster No
MH
Leisuredrive Renoir
Exp
Since 1996
Have seen something at the shows that basically puts a top on the centre glove box when it is open. I think you could easily make something similar and a lot cheaper. A piece of wood with frame to sit on the open glovebox with holes cut in to the correct diameter should solve the problem.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Will try and get a pic later, but we bought a small plastic "shower basket" from the Range which sticks onto the quaterlight with TWO suckers and is about 3 inches deep. It unclips, leaving the suckers attached when we want to use the internal blinds.

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
and if like my vending machine, also provides duff navigation information :whistle:
That doesn't sound like me..... Ralph has fun ignoring the sat nav. Deciding his ways better......
I gave up map reading long ago, due to him ignoring me!

Keef

Free Member
Jul 25, 2010
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
15 Years
I believe it is illegal to eat or drink while driving. According to my advanced test examiner.

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
That sounds like me ! (Bev)
I tend to drive with my eyes on the road at all times , hence the necessity to employ staff , but the last time I checked it was definitely my wife sat there and not you ! . if you hand out refreshments though , you are welcome anytime !
Enjoy the coming year in your beautiful van (y)
Colin & Deb

colinw

Free Member
Feb 1, 2015
Bolton , Lancs.
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
Under a year
I believe it is illegal to eat or drink while driving. According to my advanced test examiner.
Probably driving without due care and attention . I'll risk it ( for a biscuit , as they say )

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
Have seen something at the shows that basically puts a top on the centre glove box when it is open. I think you could easily make something similar and a lot cheaper. A piece of wood with frame to sit on the open glovebox with holes cut in to the correct diameter should solve the problem.

I saw one of these at a show and thought it too expensive, so made my own.
Broken Link Removed

The smart bit is a chinese cup holder off ebay, and then I made a support from laminate floor off-cuts to support it. Sideways movement is prevented by a foam insert which fits over the catch. We leave it in place all the time, and are still able to walk through to the back of the van.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Edit: Having the glove-box open all the time provides a place for my 4-way 12v adaptor, that is used to power Satnav, Camera, Phone etc. Cables can be neatly routed to there.

Last edited:

Kool Kroozer

Free Member
Apr 19, 2014
Cannock Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Low Profile Hobby Premium
Exp
Always learning
Now that looks sweet revolver, looks very professional when its in place i must say... probably the best thing i have seen designed... what are the small compartments for on the end ? phone holder ? or maybe Malted Milk biscuits :LOL::LOL:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
nonsense.. no such law..

Highway code advises..

Rule 148
Safe driving and riding needs concentration. Avoid distractions when driving or riding such as

• loud music (this may mask other sounds)
  • trying to read maps
  • starting or adjusting any music or radio
  • arguing with your passengers or other road users
  • eating and drinking
  • smoking

Oct 8, 2014
Wiltshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Excel 600B
Exp
Previous VW Camper + Caravan
... what are the small compartments for on the end ? phone holder ? or maybe Malted Milk biscuits :LOL::LOL:

Not sure @Toxic Clown! They are too small for a Smart phone, but I am sure I will think of something. Like the idea of a biccy holder!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back