Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
:Angry:i know what you mean.i still remember seeing one wipe out a complete car ,and the people in it early one sat morning.

Is that the family's fault for having a car?
It seems some on here would think so.
For all of you who think animals are always blameless and humans should adapt, I have a simple question.
If moles were to move in on your lovely lawn, or Wimbledon, Wembley, etc., would you eradicate the moles or consider yourself at fault for having grass to walk on?

Your fault, surely??

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Is that the family's fault for having a car?
It seems some on here would think so.
For all of you who think animals are always blameless and humans should adapt, I have a simple question.
If moles were to move in on your lovely lawn, or Wimbledon, Wembley, etc., would you eradicate the moles or consider yourself at fault for having grass to walk on?

Your fault, surely??

I can only speak for myself. When I had money, not that many years ago, and a beautiful home and lawn like a bowling green .... the moles arrived as we lived in the country. I didn't speak to my husband for weeks cos he was gonna put poison down instead of the noise whatsits (which apparently don't work). We learned to live with the moles. There was enough grass to go round for all of us.

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I can only speak for myself. When I had money, not that many years ago, and a beautiful home and lawn like a bowling green .... the moles arrived as we lived in the country. I didn't speak to my husband for weeks cos he was gonna put poison down instead of the noise whatsits (which apparently don't work). We learned to live with the moles. There was enough grass to go round for all of us.

Hats off, Joy.
It's rare not to find double standards.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Cooking your Mole

Mole is considered the national dish of Mexico. Rick Bayless, chef and expert on Mexican food, compares it to Thanksgiving turkey "just served more frequently." With the endless varieties of mole sauces available, their popularity has grown worldwide. Most regions in Mexico have their own custom mole sauces, but a few stand apart from the rest and are favorites.

oldun

Free Member
Mar 23, 2008
St Neots
Funster No
MH
VW Campervan
Exp
Since 2001
This is all very well but when wild animals be it a vole or a fox or a wolf or a bear can't find enough to eat in the countryside (or can't get his own territory for the same reason, too many of them and not enough to eat) he packs his knapsack and moves to the town where he can scavenge from dustbins etc.

Then he finds a lady friend who moved last year and they mate, she gives birth behind a gravestone in the churchyard blah di blah di blah.

I mean they cull deer in Scotland - not the nice healthy ones in their breeding prime, the old knackered ones who can't win a rut or may have been injured in a rut or otherwise anyway and won't survive to save them dying in agony and then rotting in a heap.

What IS the solution if it ain't selective culling? By marksmen not bloody amateurs. Still it's a bit hard finding spare marksmen these days with the gun laws having been tightened, isn't it ........

Domestic dogs cause far more injuries than foxes perhaps we should cull all domestic and wild dogs.

How daft can we get?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

not the dogs fault it is always the owner.but you cant train a fox.so lets get back to foxs.they are killers.:Angry:

OP
OP
Campercaillie

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
not the dogs fault it is always the owner.but you cant train a fox.so lets get back to foxs.they are killers.:Angry:

Why the angry face? Foxes are natural predators. People across the world live alongside dangerous wildlife. Alongside bears, big cats, venomous snakes and insects, buffalo, elephants - the list goes on. Here we have the big angry fox!! ..... AAAaaahhh !!! :shout:The only wildlife that bothers me is the Scottish midge, and so, I try to minimise the risk by keeping doors and windows closed. If I lived elsewhere and had a scavenging bear to contend with the solution would be exactly the same! Not difficult is it?

cruiser

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 12, 2012
northampton
Funster No
MH
coach built elddis 400
Exp
since 1978
cruiser

:Angry:you dont leave food on your back doorstep for bears or wolves. and i am led to belive avon have a cream for the midges. if you dont mind smelling quite nice.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
cull the humans they are the 1's taking all the empty space's a fox has the same right to live as we do and any other creature on this planet the planet we rent not own :Angry:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
cull the humans they are the 1's taking all the empty space's a fox has the same right to live as we do and any other creature on this planet the planet we rent not own :Angry:
so where do we start with this cull on humans? do we start with you and your family,or should we start on other humans that are not part of our social group,its ok saying "cull the humans" but who gets to decide who gets culled???

OP
OP
Campercaillie

Campercaillie

Free Member
Jun 23, 2012
Scottish Highlands
Funster No
MH
Chausson Flash 620
Exp
-
:Angry:you dont leave food on your back doorstep for bears or wolves........

You seemed to have got the point without realising it ....that's exactly what people do for foxes, though perhaps without realising it! :winky:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
The cull of humans could start where it did last time, gypsies first, then the disabled, then any religious factions we are jealous of, but if i could just add chavs, layabouts and ramblers into the mix, along with peadophiles, wife beaters, and murderers, if we have time,i'd also like to propose animal harmers, traffic wardens and the ignorant little customer services sh*t for "Three" that I had the misfortune of dealing with last week.
We could also get a concession for taking out the planks who sit in the middle lane of motorways, people who shout while using a mobile phone, people who's kids dont behave in resturaunts, those who have kids they have no way of financially supporting, the "plastic gangsters" that infest housing estates with their mock tudor houses and concrete pit bulls on the gate post, rapist's, terrorist's, bent politicians, bent coppers, Jeremy Kyle, Jeremy Vine, jeremy Clarkson...in fact,....anyone called Jeremy, and women who push pushchairs out into the road without looking.

If we start with the above, we will have room for us, foxes , badgers (even those with a cough) stoat, weasels, adders,red kites, buzzards , and the occasional rat!::bigsmile:

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
The cull of humans could start where it did last time, gypsies first, then the disabled, then any religious factions we are jealous of, but if i could just add chavs, layabouts and ramblers into the mix, along with peadophiles, wife beaters, and murderers, if we have time,i'd also like to propose animal harmers, traffic wardens and the ignorant little customer services sh*t for "Three" that I had the misfortune of dealing with last week.
We could also get a concession for taking out the planks who sit in the middle lane of motorways, people who shout while using a mobile phone, people who's kids dont behave in resturaunts, those who have kids they have no way of financially supporting, the "plastic gangsters" that infest housing estates with their mock tudor houses and concrete pit bulls on the gate post, rapist's, terrorist's, bent politicians, bent coppers, Jeremy Kyle, Jeremy Vine, jeremy Clarkson...in fact,....anyone called Jeremy, and women who push pushchairs out into the road without looking.

If we start with the above, we will have room for us, foxes , badgers (even those with a cough) stoat, weasels, adders,red kites, buzzards , and the occasional rat!::bigsmile:

That sounds like one busy day:winky:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
Yeah, I'd probably have to reload, or I could get most of them by blowing up Greggs.:ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back