Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
i have just ordered a ctek 7000 smart charger which I am hoping to site permanently in our motorhome and connect to the 240v wiring. I am hoping that I can then hook up to the mains and keep the batteries at there best over the winter period when not used as much
Just checked it over today, 1st time in six weeks and Sargent controller showing o volts on two 110a leisure batteries
Does it sound feasible what I am trying to do? Connected to mains today and I am not convinced the e325 unit is charging the batteries, hence purchasing the ctek unit which I am led to believe will look after the batteries better

Toe toe

Free Member
Aug 10, 2013
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
I'm a newbie
The ctec chargers are very good but be careful where you locate unit as they get very hot while charging

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
Was going to mount it in the overhead locker next to the existing charger
Going this route so I don't have to mess about taking batteries off and messing with leads apart from hook up lead. I presume if I turn off the existing charger whilst the ctek is running there shouldn't be any issues
We mainly are wild camping and get the gist that batteries last longer if looked after

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dave newell

Free Member
Oct 31, 2008
Telford, Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Home converted PVC
Exp
26yrs
The CTEK is a great unit (I have more than one 25Amp charger from them and a couple of B2B units too) but if you keep your motorhome on hookup why isn't the Sargent unit charging the batteries? As its an EC325 it must be a reasonable young motorhome, is the charger switched on? Are all the fuses ok? I'd be looking to see why the existing charger isn't working before I lash out on new unit.

D.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
I have a CTEK MXS 25 hard wired into MH and when (not very often) we go onto EHU, it smart charges 3 x 110amp batteries with ease. I think you should have no problem, but as I'm not clued up on Sargent controller system just make sure on board charger is off.

OP
OP
Antony bleasdale

Antony bleasdale

Free Member
May 18, 2015
Morecambe
Funster No
MH
Hi top
Exp
All. The fuses are fine, the charger is switched on and illuminated. I only connected the hook up yesterday, as I was under the impression that it's not good practice to leev the hook up on all the time. The Sargent charger hasn't put any charge into the batteries as yet which made me feel it was possibly faulty
I do hav a guy coming to test it tomorrow . It is probably a warranty issue as I only bought her in August. But won't be surprised if the dealer tries to wriggle out of it

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Well our MH is in the garage and has for the past 4 years when not in use been on charge (CTEK MXS 25) and so far so good. I do every 5/7 days switch off charger and use batteries for 24 hours and then back on charge. Works for me.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back