LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Photoshop plug ins. Been given some plugins for cs3 and put them in the plugins folder. How do you use these? Can't find any help in the "dummies" book. maybe says something about me? :ROFLMAO:

Road Runner

Free Member
Jul 26, 2007
Europe
Funster No
MH
yes
Exp
Since before Motorhomefun
Photoshop plug ins. Been given some plugins for cs3 and put them in the plugins folder. How do you use these? Can't find any help in the "dummies" book. maybe says something about me? :ROFLMAO:

Try reading your own book then and leave thre dummy to his:roflmto::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
They should appear in the filter list under photoshop own filters:thumb:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
They should appear in the filter list under photoshop own filters:thumb:

Thanks dylan. I don't think they show under filters but I'll check when I get home. must admit that's where I thought they would be.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
My plugins are under the filter heading in CS2 maybe cs3 is different - I tried ! Sorry.

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Try under "edit" then "preferences" there is a plug in directory there, you have to tick the box and "choose" this brings up a list of plugins.
Worth a try!

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Try under "edit" then "preferences" there is a plug in directory there, you have to tick the box and "choose" this brings up a list of plugins.
Worth a try!

Hi, I have the plugins on a folder on external hard drive. I have ticked this folder in preferences/plugins. I have also copied them to the plugins folder in CS3 itself. When I click on help/plugins they are all there but I can't find a way to use them. grrrrrr

BTW under the "filters" tab I only get the standard photoshop filters.

:cry:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
silly question - you have restarted CS3 haven't you ? they should be in the filters under the photoshop filters, as you can see them in "help" " about plugins" they are there. I cannot use mine plugins from "help" it just tells me "about" versions etc.
:winky:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
silly question - you have restarted CS3 haven't you ? they should be in the filters under the photoshop filters, as you can see them in "help" " about plugins" they are there. I cannot use mine plugins from "help" it just tells me "about" versions etc.
:winky:

Yep restarted several times as I put them in some time ago and just decided to have a play. As you say can't use them from help but not showing in filters ho hum.

Maybe been given a bum steer. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the input though it is appreciated. ::bigsmile:

dylan

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
sw wales
Funster No
MH
none
Exp
n/a
Only other options are import or export menu or "other" under the filter menu.
Searched under help and all my photoshop books - hope you find them all!
Eileen

camcondor

Free Member
Jul 27, 2007
East Midlands
Funster No
MH
A Class
Ken n Steph, Plugins usually operate "seamlessly" once you have put them into the correct folder - have you made sure they are in the Plugin folder in CS3? Thats how CS2 and earlier versions work, I'm sure CS3 will be the same. If they are def in the plugin folder you should be able to select them under filters.

Laurie :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Munchie

Munchie

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2007
Camping Les Vigeres
Funster No
MH
Font Vendôme
Exp
Since 2004
Ken n Steph, Plugins usually operate "seamlessly" once you have put them into the correct folder - have you made sure they are in the Plugin folder in CS3? Thats how CS2 and earlier versions work, I'm sure CS3 will be the same. If they are def in the plugin folder you should be able to select them under filters.

Laurie :RollEyes:

Hi Laurie, yes they are in the right folder, suspect I've been given "Mac" versions . :cry:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back