Cruise control (1 Viewer)

Nov 5, 2017
Nouvelle Aquitaine France
Funster No
MH
Exp
Since 1980
I have been told that on the 2.3 fiat ducato 5, +5 and 6 new engines the cruise control does not work as well as it should. Is it something to do with the engines not being manly enough because of the emmisions. Has anyone any experience of this? Cheers

C

Chockswahay

Deleted User
Only done 1200 miles on my new van (2.3 130hp Euro 6) but no probs at all with cruise control and I use it all the time (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
We have a Euro5 2.3 150 and it works perfectly well, I just try not to spend too much time on the sort of roads it’s needed, though when on Motorways etc it’s great.

I think ours is the 130 (might be the 150 I would have to double check) and it works really well - when I remember to use it that is!

Oct 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
since 2008
You've been told a real load of rubbish, bare in mind the old 2.8JTD engine was only 127 BHP. This was fitted in vans plated at 5000kg
So 130BHP engines are more "Manly" than them.
My 150 BHP Euro 5+ engine pulls very well and the cruise is better than my old van

two

Aug 4, 2011
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
A-Class Fiat
I hardly ever use CC but do use the speed limiter function regularly (introduced from 2016). Sadly, the speed limiter is a bit of a joke (with Comfortmatic). It seems to decide for itself whether to limit your speed, or not. It merely 'beeps' as you exceed the set limit, without even offering to pay the fine. It's pretty useless trying to see what speed you're doing from the instrument panel because it's invisible, so you need to rely on GPS via the SatNav. I'll never buy a Fiat again.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I've had Euro 4 , Euro 5+ & Euro 6 vans, the cruise was definitely better on the Euro 4 van, on the 5+ & 6 it feels like the engine hunts a bit when the engine is new. Once you have done a few miles it's ok our Euro 6 is fine now we have done over 9000 miles. One problem we do get but I think it is more to do with ABS sensors and the hard ride on the 4500 kg chassis. On really rough road the cruise often turns it's self off, I think when you go over big bumps the ABS sensors detect a slight change in wheel rotation so it thinks the brakes have been applied.

Don't agree with @rogher about the speed limiter ours works fine. No way you can go over the speed limit on the flat or up hill only when descending and it's on over run just like cruise or speed limiter a on most cars. Top of the range expensive cars have the cruise & speed limiter linked into the ABS system but you don't get that on basic commercial vans.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back