crude, or is it just me? (1 Viewer)

Jan 28, 2008
Dovercourt, Harwich, UK
Funster No
MH
Renalt burstner
Exp
7 years campers before that
funny but i never think of a motorhome forum as being a family site how many under 16's would be interested i would imagine the average age here to be above 40 and the male female split to be weighted towards the male of the species
any one over 12 these days has access to a lot of what was previously adult content unless constrained by parental control

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I F and B all day with work guys.

But where anyone I don`t know can see or hear what I say or type , I use **** :thumb:

how do you pronounce **** ?

star star star star or asterisk asterisk asterisk asterisk

could take a while to get a sentence out :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:

Paramotormanal

Free Member
Aug 29, 2012
Kingston upon Hull
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
The use of foul language in everyday life is frequently defended by some saying that English is “a living evolving language.” I would counter that by saying English is a dying language. Foul language is now commonplace where once it was rarely heard - amongst schoolchildren, young women, virtually ANY TV programme etc. etc. I’m not prudish or particularly offended, but it IS very sad, and cannot understand why anybody would seek to defend or excuse its use.

I am with you and the original poster there are so many words to choose from and ways to say things but people choose to stick with what I call "sentence enhancers ".

my dad taught me never to swear in the presence of women and children and I have endeavoured to pass this on to my child although it is difficult when it appears to be the norm now on TV and other media, even on gaming videos I ask you is this really necessary?

Lots of my friends swear and that's their prerogative I choose not to that's mine, it would be boring if we were all the same but standards are dropping and contrary to belief it's not acceptable to everyone :thumb:

callumwa

Free Member
Jan 16, 2011
Tyne & Wear, sometimes..
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
4 yrs +, 30+ yrs motorbike touring
Some may not be offended by words like **** and **** but others will be.
I particularly find words like **** and **** are very unpleasant.

Times change though and the language does evolve. In the past **** and ****** would have been highly offensive, but are now not deemed to be so.
**** and ***** used to be in common everyday use but are now not PC any more.

We are all different, so each to his own, no need to get upset because some **** writes *** or *******, just don't let the ******** get you down.

They can't help being ****** ****s, can they.........

::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2012
Home of the war horse
Funster No
MH
burstnar T640
Exp
Just listen to kids today on street they just use swear words in conversation it doesnt mean anything to them just another word to be used
My old man would have lynched me for talking like that in any company I dont think I ever heard him curse at home
Times change and not always for the better

OP
OP
Y

yokeljohn

Free Member
Jan 30, 2013
weston super mare.
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 1985
crude, oris it me

to be honest I thought at first you were joking:ROFLMAO:

then i realised youre serious and actually found such a puerile post offensive. all i can say is that you must be living in some parallel existance. i would consider such posts as typical of a normal man's answer. you will hear much worse on tv, in schools, pubs, workplaces. however nobody usually takes offence.

so in answer to your question, yes, its just you that considers normal banter as offensive. life is far too short to be hung up over what others say or write on forums. the same as you say you do on a campsite and hear swearing, move on from the "offensive" post and ignore it.

joining a forum well known for its humour, some of which is quite base, then expecting others to change its content to suit you seems selfish and bizarre to me.

II,m far from expecting anybody to change their content to suit me, I,m expressing my own personal opinion, and you have answered it, it must be me.
yokel john.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
II,m far from expecting anybody to change their content to suit me, I,m expressing my own personal opinion, and you have answered it, it must be me.
yokel john.

Don't be offended though yokel John.

It's a good thread and a good discussion.:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I,m expressing my own personal opinion, and you have answered it
yokel john.

That's what makes FUN tick along nicely.

It's rare threads get carried away because we all want it to work.

To be honest, this one has run it's useful life, how about we stop here ?

thehutchies

Free Member
Aug 31, 2007
The Wheelèd Shed
Funster No
MH
Exp
The use of foul language in everyday life is frequently defended by some saying that English is “a living evolving language.” I would counter that by saying English is a dying language.

Total bollocks.*

People have been complaining about the degradation and bastardisation of the English language ever since the English language began as the misbegotten abortion of a mess of Anglo-Saxon, Anglo-Frisian, Germanic, Old Norse (shall we just assume an et cetera here?) languages and dialects.

What you were indoctrinated into at home and school was appropriate for your particular time and situation but, as the upper classes would have said, a hundred years ago, 'It ain't true'.

:Smile:

*I remember the prosecutions for the Sex Pistols album 'Never Mind The Bollocks'.
It's the whale's undergarments, how the language changes ::bigsmile:

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Some may not be offended by words like **** and **** but others will be.
I particularly find words like **** and **** are very unpleasant.

Times change though and the language does evolve. In the past **** and ****** would have been highly offensive, but are now not deemed to be so.
**** and ***** used to be in common everyday use but are now not PC any more.

We are all different, so each to his own, no need to get upset because some **** writes *** or *******, just don't let the ******** get you down.

They can't help being ****** ****s, can they.........

::bigsmile:

Absolutely disgusting!:winky:

Sep 5, 2008
York
Funster No
MH
C Class Bessacarr 769
Exp
Since July 2010
I was taught that using foul language shows a lack of intelligence. There is always a more suitable word. But I think a lot of swearing has become such a habit for many people. Sometimes every other word is a swear word.
Lin

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
yokel john.

jesus mate if you move off a campsite every time you here a bit of colour full language these days you must have one hell of a fuel bill. Personally when away or in company that I don't know very well I do try to curb my language and I definitely don't type it out in forums, on the other hand it doesn't bother me if other people swear or even write it, we all come from different backgrounds and to be honest when someone else feels comfortable swearing in front of me it makes me feel more comfortable and able to relax more and it helps get the conversation going, as for what I assume is the so called offending post on page 5 I don't find it offensive at all, in fact I know that feeling well,

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
I was taught that using foul language shows a lack of intelligence. There is always a more suitable word. But I think a lot of swearing has become such a habit for many people. Sometimes every other word is a swear word.
Lin

That's me Knackered then never was much of an academic prefer making things with my hands rather than writing them ::bigsmile:

Last edited:

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013
That's what makes FUN tick along nicely.

It's rare threads get carried away because we all want it to work.

To be honest, this one has run it's useful life, how about we stop here ?

I am all for freedom of speech etc and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. However, I have to agree with Brian and suggest a truce is called and we all move on taking on board the plethora of views expressed here

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I am all for freedom of speech etc and have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. However, I have to agree with Brian and suggest a truce is called and we all move on taking on board the plethora of views expressed here

I wouldn`t agree with Brian...

He would only think he is better than me cos he can do fancy words.... :Cool:

That I don't understand... :winky:::bigsmile:

PS............. What the :censored:2 does "plethora" mean.... :RollEyes:

Nigel&Debbie

Free Member
Nov 20, 2012
Full Timer
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
since Jan 2013

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Lin

It certainly seems the case for many Yanks. They have two words, "shit" and "flip" which can take on any meaning. Pure inability to understand English it would seem. Some YouTube videos are are incredible, their language is more laughable than the motor stunts they show.

Mack100

Free Member
Jul 27, 2013
Funster No
MH
Swift
Exp
One man's meat is another man's Poisson (or Fish) as the French Say:Doh:
Typical, another example of something totally out of plaice on a forum.......

:Cool:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i didnt read the offending thread, as i know it would upset my sensitive nature.
so i avoided it:thumb:

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
i have just read the offending thread:Eeek:
i am now scared for life,unless i seek urgent medical attention:cry:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Because I don't generally hear what used to be called bad or crude language I have to admit I don't like it a lot, (Jokes in the belly locker accepted) , and very occasionally I may use the F word, but I can accept that some people just don't like it and that is there prerogative . Just because people use it as every day language does not make it acceptable to some and why should it.

Having said that Fun is Fun and banter is a big part of it, anyone really overstep the mark and[HI][HI] we have a report button [/HI][/HI]and Jim and he's the boss.

Where is this button ?????????:Doh:

Apr 12, 2012
Fleet, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote Atlantis 34
Exp
MoHoing since 09/04/12
It's the little yellow triangle under your profile bits

<----- down there

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun