Free Member
Feb 10, 2013
Romford, Essex
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt Lo-Profile
Exp
Since 2012
Had a look at the Moselle/Rhine trip. £1200 seems like an awful lot of money to me. You've still got your fuel etc on top of that.

I can see the attraction if you're nervous as a kitten about travelling in the MH to Europe for the first time, but with a few Tesco vouchers for the tunnel and a few Aires en route (in lieu of solely using sites) the cost is greatly reduced.

For me, half the fun is the heebie-jeebies before and during the trip, trying a bit of franglais - like when you've gone into a pharmacy and asked for a product for a HORSE instead of your hair (Cheval Vs Cheveux!) and making friends on sites with the ubiquitous Dutch.

Good job there's no MHF organised tours. Imagine a convoy of 160 Funsters snaking down the Autoroute....... Imagine the the arguments between those who want to do 55mph and those on cruise control who push you into the verge with their pressure wave. Imagine the A-Class mob who don't want to be parked next to a PVC. Imagine putting your awning out, only to have some smart-arse tell you that you haven't canted it to allow the rain to run off. Imagine the fights if someone ran a Genny at 22.01hrs. God help anyone who smoked, drained their grey waste onto grass or had a half-dinette layout :D

Think I'll pass on the tours!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back