Crossing From France To Spain ? (1 Viewer)

Oct 1, 2013
Lanzarote
Funster No
MH
Nil by mouth
Exp
Lots
I've read lots of stories about Brits being hijacked crossing into Spain?

Where were these taking place ?

Are they that bad ?

Should we cross west, central or east ?

Cheers :)

Sep 26, 2013
Market Rasen
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2003
We have never had any trouble and drove down through France to La Manga last week including driving through the centre of Madrid. We have done it for the last nine years.
We stayed on two sites in France and one just south of Madrid.

Mike

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
I don't think there is a specific place . You just don't have Spanish plates.
My parents have been hijacked a few years ago, car+ caravan. It took my mum weeks to recover from shock . It was quick but rather violent. A car passed them and showed them a supposed problem with tyre (typical... but at that time this way to hijack was only starting). My dad pulled up, went out of the car to have a look, by that time the man had taken all of the rear seat, while another guy was trying to get my mum out of the car. She had just a fraction of second to hold the handle to lock the door. Coming back from the back of the caravan my dad had not heard or seen what was going on (he was already partly deaf). The 2 men ran away as soon as they saw they would not get more.
They(my parents) are now locked in whenever they take one of their cars and never ever stop if asked , whatever the problem COULD be.
Not a nice memory indeed. I've had my mum crying a few times thinking of it

Frankie

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
i have never had any trouble either spain or france
remember these things can happen here at home job keep em in ya mind but go and enjoy yourselves

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
Was pulled (literally) by the french customs police the Douane? leaving spain last year. Big gang of them on a temp road block. Group of 3 detached themselves and came to my window and asked if I had alcohol and cigarettes. No I said,(I'm a great liar! with nerves of steel) the female officer replied monsieur you are the perfect man with a glint in her eye. would of been flattering but she was built like one of those prison dykes in that aussie jail saga:D

earlier leaving Benidorm spanish police tried to stop me..I just ignored him, eyes straight ahead and barrelled on through. Saw him in mirror raise his arms in resignation. If it happened here they would have the helicopters out!:( What were they thinking! attempting to stop a british gentleman late for a tunnel crossing!:whistle:

Last edited:

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
u off now ?

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it depends, how much cash are you carrying, what route would you like to take and do I have time to get there, hee hee

Judge Mental

Funster
Deceased RIP
Sep 2, 2009
Sarth London
Funster No
MH
Possl 636 FR panel van
Exp
1994 and beyond...
We always fit a safe.....

plus if people just leave valuables strewn around up front what do they really expect...just need to take care of your stuff better. Most thefts just opportunist...no opportunities no theft!

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back