Crossing from France into Spain August 2020 (1 Viewer)

Peterd

Free Member
Jul 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Brother in law travelling in early August can't find out what documents the Spanish will want to let him in. He hasn't been able to find out.
I know someone on here will know (or did I waste the sub:giggle:)

Mar 23, 2017
Chudleigh, Devon
Funster No
MH
Compass Avantgarde 2
Exp
Im a newbie
Not sure they will want any documents, in fact you may not even notice you've crossed the border. We have been in the Pyrenees a lot where you go from France to Spain and back again all the time and there are no border patrols etc. All the old customs checkpoints are derelict.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
No presence on either side of the border crossing in the Pyrenees north of Pamplona on the 10th July

OP
OP
Peterd

Peterd

Free Member
Jul 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
He is now going to Cyprus on an all inclusive package holiday. He is going to lose his return ferry crossing fare to France as of course you may well still be able to take that ferry.

Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
Sorry didn't see this. there is actally a similar form to the Uk that you are supposed to fill in online stating details but most spanish don't even know about it.I asked my neighbour last week for someone else as he has been into & out of France many times in the last month & he didn't even know it existed. As others have said you wouldn't even know where the border was on most roads

Aug 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 1986
Crossed through Irun last week. No sign of any customsor police at border

Oct 12, 2009
SW London, Poland and all Europe
Funster No
MH
A Class N+B Arto 69GL
Exp
Since 2009
EU... nothing needed... unlike the Brits...

JJ :cool:

Nothing needed for British Residents, at least until 31st Dec 2020, and maybe not after once they have entered Schengen. Individual countries are unlikely to start border checks to catch a few overstayers of the 90 days allowed in any one country. They are not doing it now even though the 90 day in one country applies to all EU Residents. Anyway for British and other non-EU REsidents e.g. Aus, US etc. the checks into and out of the Schengen area are more likely to be a deterrent.

Geoff

WESTY66

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 17, 2017
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Chic C-Line
Exp
All the gear, and no idea!
He is now going to Cyprus on an all inclusive package holiday. He is going to lose his return ferry crossing fare to France as of course you may well still be able to take that ferry.
Iā€™m pretty sure he will need a negative test to enter CyprusšŸ¤” But I could be wrong!

OP
OP
Peterd

Peterd

Free Member
Jul 12, 2019
Funster No
MH
Adria Twin
Exp
Sorry to say Cyprus holiday now cancelled without loss.
Where next you say.
Butlins Skeggy of course for a mere Ā£1400 for the week (self catering). 3 bed, 2 bathroom chalet.
We are going to set up for a month on our drive at no cost. The dog will be happy as he can sleep in the house (b*gger the van)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back