Free Member
Apr 8, 2017
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Mercedes Hymer 700s -412d
Exp
Hi, to everyone on this forum .
have been a long term member with motorhomefacts for many for many years , but it unfortunately became difficult with new owners .a very good forum destroyed by the Canadians meddling ,I think anyway.so I joined here after hearing good things .and here I am lol, but can you help me and the wife and of course teddy the Yorkshire terrier ,in a crossing with a good price . as prices are really high at the Mo,2 adults senior in our motorhome need to book as early as possible now I fear even higher prices ,quote so far is £178.89 return booking a camper 7metres x 3.4 metre .and a weight of 4600kgs twin wheel that is with DFDS and P&O ferries I tried 2nights ago. and really hope their is someone who knows something we don't ,our crossing is Dover = Calais or Dunkirk ,no matter. thank you again .this is for an august 26th through until 9 September .
I am going to cross my fingers here and prey that you all are a bunch of in the know of all travel to continent by way of ferry knowledge ,
i will post a beer to all who can help us out please.all the very best in all we do

denton, take care all

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Welcome to fun.....

Getting across the channel at that time of year is still a few bob, when you next have a look at their prices make sure you have deleted your cookies from your laptop o tablet.... then you'll be a new visitor and get the best prices...

Good luck..(y)

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
I've just had a look on the Euro tunnel and the best on there for your dates is £186... it's a great way to go over as it doesn't matter what size your motorhome is...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 17, 2012
North Essex
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
>12 but <13
I use P and O. Currently £64 one way plus dog at £15 for MH @ 3m X 7.9m.
Gone up £5 this year DFDS were cheapest but now dearest ferry.
If you use P and O at silly o'clock I recall £46
I noticed you wrote 3.4m height, that's the cause of the increase on P and O, over 3m

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2011
Nr Hastings, East Sussex
Funster No
MH
AutoTrail Tracker RL
Exp
since 2010
Welcome but what took you so long to abandon motorhomefacts? I had enough of living on the dark side a couple of years ago and have not regretted the switch!
We always use the tunnel as it's so much easier with our precious pooch. Got any Tesco Clubcard points you can use?

May 31, 2015
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Ducato PVC
Exp
Getting Better
Got any Tesco Clubcard points you can use?

Dam.. forgot about this..! Yes my Mrs got a £202 crossing this year for £1 extra...(y)

Tesco vouchers worth x3 on tunnel...:D

OP
OP
D

dentonx

Free Member
Apr 8, 2017
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
fantastic response , the replies from hard core travelers ,good omen I hope lol>the tunnel is a no no . basis the missus is afraid of enclosed spaces ,this is out . I am afraid of high prices ,lol. Tesco no vouchers as my missus gave up Tesco while ago after the arrival of ALDI group I think you will understand a Womens point here penny pinching .so i am or we are not doing so well ,at the MO" all the mentions so far here are all 200% but I am still grounded with minus .should I leave the wife at home lol. but all the positives are great and I thank you .I will research= ,but lets hope i hit a home run as the yanks say !!cheers thank you all. one last Q how do we delete cookies . just a thought ,I most probably have but not realize it .

denton,
take care all happy camping I humbly thank you all, and those who may still engage in this topic .

Apr 11, 2015
hull
Funster No
MH
Laika Ecovip 300
Exp
since 1988 with breaks until 2009
Hi Denton, welcome, you will find an awful lot of facsters on here, some like me are still members of both, at least till subs run out.
Can't help with ferry prices though, last few weeks of school holidays so always extortionate.

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Hello and welcome from West Midlands.

We never book a return. Just one way, pootle about we feel like it, head north when ready and book our return for the next day or two. That way we don't have to worry about where we can go before turning back for a set time/date and it ALL feels like holiday not half.

Wyn

OP
OP
D

dentonx

Free Member
Apr 8, 2017
pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thank you again, Scotzsue many thanks . Wyn, nice exercise in travel bidebyour time take stock of this idea you have interesting to say the least . Made for England hi' . I think I will just book and heck with it. Here is a question I probably think is best for another thread elsewhere , but best place for a gas check down here in Pembrokeshire I have the Hymer s700 Mercedes 1998 model . Last time out we had either low gas output or blockage as when gas switched on you could hear it popping loudly back near boiler and fridge , with gas bottles you can never gauge to content of the bottles . It's a pain but I want a good dealership to do job of service . Crosshands in wales above Carmarthen engineer Forman gave a hissy because we had the Hymer , anti German I guess but he was making noise gestures as to Hymer brand . You ever come across this anyone . I guess I talk to much here or perhaps wrong forums lol. Take care I will return conversations in correct forums eventually , really I will when I get the hang of it. Lol

Riverbankannie

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 11, 2016
Bristol
Funster No
MH
IH 630 RL PVC
Exp
Thank you again, Scotzsue many thanks . Wyn, nice exercise in travel bidebyour time take stock of this idea you have interesting to say the least . Made for England hi' . I think I will just book and heck with it. Here is a question I probably think is best for another thread elsewhere , but best place for a gas check down here in Pembrokeshire I have the Hymer s700 Mercedes 1998 model . Last time out we had either low gas output or blockage as when gas switched on you could hear it popping loudly back near boiler and fridge , with gas bottles you can never gauge to content of the bottles . It's a pain but I want a good dealership to do job of service . Crosshands in wales above Carmarthen engineer Forman gave a hissy because we had the Hymer , anti German I guess but he was making noise gestures as to Hymer brand . You ever come across this anyone . I guess I talk to much here or perhaps wrong forums lol. Take care I will return conversations in correct forums eventually , really I will when I get the hang of it. Lol

IMG_0855.GIF
Do start a new thread with this question and a title that mentions Pembrokshire Gas Engineer help or similar.
Good luck.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back