Oct 22, 2007
sheffield
Funster No
MH
Compass Kensington
Exp
25 years
Hi all,
Are any other Funsters going to this Cropredy festival on the 7th, 8th and 9th August, thursday night
headline act Chas & Dave. If so will put the funster flag on the festival field and hopefully the weather will be fine :coolest: :wink: :rock:.

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
Hi Sheila

We are going to Cropredy this year 2015 - a good looking line-up! I will try to find you this time!!

Catherine

Dec 23, 2007
Wirral
Funster No
MH
Hobby Van Kenobi
Exp
started when I was 11 with my parents-forgot to stop!been real one since 1980!
Fairport Convention and Richard Digence amongst others are appearing at the 11th. Wirral Folk Festival in June,
Could be a good preview for Cropedy see website for details esp on site camping.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 12, 2010
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 2011
Never ever been a fan of C&D, but you never know, may get caught up in the festival spirit, or have a few more Weston's 6% ciders, or we might be stood downwind from some old hippies smoking Morrocan Woodbines, that might just swing it :)

Jul 26, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
since May 2010
Have a look at the Music Gigs and Festivals group. We've already got a discussion running for Cropredy showing all who are attending.

D

DM14742

Deleted User
Its 13th - 15th August this year and thank God no Chas & Dave this time. Great lineup though
Broken Link Removed

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
Been trying to make this festival for a while wont be this year I think not the best lineup.
Should have gone when Seasick Steve was there one of the best acts they've ever had.

M

Madwife

Deleted User
Stayed at the Brasenose Inn last Saturday night and food there is really good.

Kath

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
See 'Groups' in the menu bar across the top of the window. If on a phone or tablet, look for the button with the three horizontal bars to expand the menu.

For a direct link, Broken Link Removed
Then Discussions.

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Saw Fairport at Celtic Connections last month, and thought about going to Cropredy. Don't remember any mention of C&D though, is it a big enough event that they could be easily avoided?;-)

Sep 23, 2013
Lincs
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2008 (started in a VW T4 campervan)
It is, but you won't need to. C&D were last year. This thread now covers two years! :unsure:

Candapack

Free Member
Oct 16, 2014
Fife, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2013
Ah, didn't notice that. That'll be why there was no mention then. :)

54mud

Free Member
Sep 18, 2009
Stone, Staffordshire
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
24 on and off
We have been there for the last 12 years and were going to give it a miss this year, unless there was someone outstanding in the line up. But now we have seen the line up we are glad we are not going, very poor for us this year. Maybe next year though.

Nov 5, 2013
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago chic e-line
Exp
Since 2013
Hopefully the're saving up for 2017,
50 years of Fairport!

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
really wishing that i'd gone last year, from what i remember seeing it was right up my street..
from pics that i've seen it has certainly grown into quite a large festival now, personally i do prefer the smaller ones, tend to get a bit panicky with large crowds..:imoutahere:
used to hitchhike up to a tiny folk club in st albans in the late '60's when my ex hubby was at hort and ag college there to hear dave swarbrick play that fiddle along with martin carthy, lovely memories..

Last edited:

dryad

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 25, 2010
hermit in beautiful coastal east kent
Funster No
MH
citroen relay pvc
Exp
quite a few years now, and loving every minute..
sounds like the New Forest Folk Festival would be right up your street http://www.newforestfolkfestival.co.uk/

Your welcome to join fellow funsters Trish & myself, Jez & Lin and Keith & Sue for a great weekend :party2:

that's thoughtful of you, thank you..
did think of the new forest one last year, but with no hook up available for charging scooter batteries, gave it a miss, same with cropredy..
'tis a bugga when your mobility is reliant on such things..:(

was gutted though not to be at cropredy last year, would have loved to have seen capercaillie and marillion live and the waterboys again..
but hey ho, that's life, another place, another time.. :)

Pat and Trish

Free Member
Jun 22, 2012
New Forest
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache
Exp
3 years
Might be worth emailing the New Forest, it is a small family run festival on a farm owned by two brothers who are big music fans and well known locally although Richard Digance is the driving force behind the whole thing.
I suspect there would be a possibility for charging the scooter if you explained your circumstances, one brother Keith has his house next to site and lots of genny's about .
I have seen other scooters there although they could be day visitors.
Anyway if you have a flat battery be a good excuse to ask Jez for a fireman's lift :giggle:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back