Cromer overrun at the weekend by travellers (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years

Hollyberry

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2011
New Forest.
Funster No
MH
None.
Exp
4yrs
Ive long wondered if travellers don't want to have a permanent home, therefore claiming they are genuine travellers, how do they register, tax and insure a vehicle ?

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Travellers are using motorhomes apparently because the rules are different. They need to spend their money somehow lol

May 7, 2013
RUK
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
On our 2nd MH now a AutoTrail Savannah which we're absolutely delighted with
Travellers are using motorhomes apparently because the rules are different. They need to spend their money somehow lol
No I think they need to spend OUR money

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Ive long wondered if travellers don't want to have a permanent home, therefore claiming they are genuine travellers, how do they register, tax and insure a vehicle ?
its possible to rent or own a part of a big yard complex . its been done for years by travelers and the fair ground . vehicles are registered to the place . post can be opened by someone and further contacts made .
the fair folk very often return to the yard in winter to repair apparatus ,vehicles etc .
there are strict rules given by them selves . the showmans guild operates its own rules .
insurance can be arranged by the organizations . just like many big companies insure themselves and all their vehicles .
all these can be arranged by anyone or a group. its not easy though.
joining a large group can give acess to all of the legal ways to abide by the rules .

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I pass a showmans ground near my home. Definitely not gypsies.

Spud

Free Member
Jan 18, 2015
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Shank's Pony
Exp
Bad
its possible to rent or own a part of a big yard complex . its been done for years by travelers and the fair ground . vehicles are registered to the place . post can be opened by someone and further contacts made .
the fair folk very often return to the yard in winter to repair apparatus ,vehicles etc .
there are strict rules given by them selves . the showmans guild operates its own rules .
insurance can be arranged by the organizations . just like many big companies insure themselves and all their vehicles .
all these can be arranged by anyone or a group. its not easy though.
joining a large group can give acess to all of the legal ways to abide by the rules .

Showmen and 'do-as-you-likies' are completely different breeds.

A very good friend of mine comes from a long line, on his Mothers side, of Showmen and they take exception to to being associated with such low-life's.
Spud

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
Showmen and 'do-as-you-likies' are completely different breeds.

A very good friend of mine comes from a long line, on his Mothers side, of Showmen and they take exception to to being associated with such low-life's.
Spud
yes i know ,but was giving an answer to the question raised .
should you know more useful information feel free to tell us .

Deleted User
I saw the article in the paper, the travellers and their spawns were shoplifting, I also noted that the police said that no arrests were made. If I was to go into my local shop and steal a mars bar I would end up in court. Frankly the police do not want to know, its the old story 1 law for them and another for everybody else and "don't upset the ethnic minorities."

Spongy

GWAYGWAY

Free Member
Sep 6, 2014
Dover
Funster No
MH
Hymer ML I 580
Exp
4 years
Simple they all have a legal one somewhere else and the number and documents are all legitimate , then the same make has the same number for all of them..
Might have been worth going around and comparing the models with those that have gone off from the owners over the past year or so. Bet they didn't buy any of them. They are using motorhomes, as then they do not need to get a trailer endorsement on their licences, for the caravans which are all over 750kgs.

Apr 17, 2016
South Coast
Funster No
MH
White One..
Exp
3 years….
I saw the article in the paper, the travellers and their spawns were shoplifting, I also noted that the police said that no arrests were made. If I was to go into my local shop and steal a mars bar I would end up in court. Frankly the police do not want to know, its the old story 1 law for them and another for everybody else and "don't upset the ethnic minorities."

Spongy

Local Co-Op in the village, staff have been told not to approach them if they see them shoplifting as it will lead to abuse!

Friend of my wife was in the Co-Op the other day and a chap told the assistant that there were a couple of kids shoplifting and he was told the same?
The village farm shop has banned them and the local grocer shop has had its windows smashed as he would not give discount to the skankey traveller mum.
You often see them at lunch time going into the shops still dressed in their PJ's....

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
It may be NEARLY too late, but the police need to get a grip of these people and treat them like the rest of us would be treated if we broke the law ! ! !
A mate of mine had his premises broken into and they punched holes in every diesel tank and drained them.
We followed the trail of spilt diesel all the way back to their camp and saw the trailer full of jerrycans of diesel in the back.
When the police were called, (6 of them turned up) they went into the camp and said "who's trailer is this ?"
When the answer came back "don't know mate", the police just shrugged their shoulders and told my mate, "nothing we can do mate" ! ! !
My mate said "well I can do something" and the cop said to him, "you will be prosecuted if you attack any one I'm afraid "...
I think the word AFRAID ....Just about sums them up, where the travelling community is concerned.....
And people are getting VERY fed up with these double standards ! ! ! !
Rant over ! ! ! !!
Mitch.

Apr 14, 2008
Cromer norfolk
Funster No
MH
Bailey approach 745
Exp
since 2002
Just read in our North Norfolk news council staff asked them to move to the travellers site 1/2mile away but they refused.
In the other Norfolk daily paper EDP it says the traveller site has never been used since it was built 7 years ago. Wonder whether it is because it's between council offices and police station(n)

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back