Croissant/pain au chocolat/pain aux raisins? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
SmithsInFrance
Sep 2, 2016
France
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
Since 2015
Warmed Croissant cut open and filled with bacon, mushrooms and if really decadent, popped back in the oven with Gruyere - yum !!😝
Hmmm a savoury approach which could only work with a croissant. Good thinking (y)

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
From the choices presented, it has to be a plain croissant but even that gets trumped by a simple baguette! 😋

Ian

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

bigtwin

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2009
Derby
Funster No
MH
Concorde
Exp
Since 2006
We have a lovely thing up here called an Aberdeen Buttery, pronounced Ayberdeen. They are delicious. Butter and marmalade on them. They get called different things but that's what I know them as. First encountered them on holiday in Johnshaven on the East coast when I was a bairn.

They are delicious!

Ian

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
I put Tesco Three Fruit bitter sweet marmalade on my hot croissants. Marvellous!

It's a funny thing how our tastes differ. My standard brekky is toast and marmalade - never jam - but if I have an occasional croissant, it has to be strawberry or apricot jam - I've found marmalade and croissant just doesn't seem right to me!😁

Pete5996

Free Member
Sep 18, 2016
Deep in the Lot
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne
Exp
Since 2002
From the choices presented, it has to be a plain croissant but even that gets trumped by a simple baguette! 😋
Ian

A simple baguette - that reminds me. Back in the early 90s, I did a sponsored bike ride to Alencon. We were put up overnight in a girls' school in Sees (no, they were all on holiday, in case you were wondering!). Breakfast was provide - bowls of steaming hot chocolate, with fresh baguettes, buttered with apricot jam, for dunking. Great fuel for a day's ride!

A very occasional treat now, though😋

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
We do like the Almond one's, but we're not particularly fussy.

Feeling hungry now.. 🥐

Oct 30, 2010
Suffolk or France or ........
Funster No
MH
A Class Carthago Chic
Exp
Since 2008
Will you lot stop this please..........it’s becoming like the drip torture. ☹
First a thread about going to France for the first time and now breakfast treats.
Here we all are, locked down at home with the van sitting on the drive looking unloved. Drip,drip, drip........!
Roll on next year when we can, hopefully, all get back to those lovely places and I can get back to my favourite.........fresh warm croissants with peach jam. (y)
My mouth is watering at the thought. :france:

Richard.

Mar 11, 2014
Lincs
Funster No
MH
PVC
Exp
Since 2010
Erm.... All of them? :blusher:

We're terrible when we go into a boulangerie/patisserie. Always buy far too much as everything always looks so tempting.

I remember a school exchange trip where I was introduced to a breakfast of pain au chocolat dunked in a massive mug (more like a bowl) of hot chocolate - probably the youngsters version of the croissant dunked in coffee.

I occasionally treat myself to that now.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Almond croissant and custard flan favourites. Didn’t realise croissant originated in Austria,until I just looked it up, as a Kipferl.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
In Portugal is has to be their Pastel de Nata (their version of egg custard but soooooooooo much better! Fortunately you can actually get these from Lidl in the UK now so we occasionally treat ourselves.

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
All of them! Croissants, Pains au chocolat (which are here called Chocolatines... big fight between North and South!)
But one I particularly love is the Jésuite

Broken Link Removed

Kirsten

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2015
Stratford on Avon
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544
Exp
Since 2010
Je regret! Je N’ anime croissants - too fatty and too early ( dont eat breakfast) but can eat baguette butter and cheese every day when in France . Have been found wandering in withdrawal trance when back in Blighty , muttering to self ‘ from age ... du pain ‘ in a heartbroken way

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back