Crocs type footwear dangerous? (1 Viewer)

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Guys

At our meet this weekend I noticed a fair few children and adults wearing Crocs type footwear - soft rubber-like clogs.

Whilst we don't see many escalators on a campsite, I wanted to post this just so if you have a pair of similar type shoes in your household, you are aware of any hidden dangers - however remote they are.

Crocsaccidents

G

GeorgeTelford

Deleted User
Methinks its the Escalator/Parents/wearers fault

There is no doubt a few people have been injured, I think that totally the wrong conclusion is being jumped to there.

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
or my red ones, or Pauls green ones

And my son have fishes all over his!!!!!! oh well we must be chavs then

great for walking accross site after a shower ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I think the majority of the accidents, however few they are, have happened primarily to children.

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
and probably just as many accidents to children in ill fitting shoes and sandals, but as Crocs are such a big thing this year they are in the limelight! unlikely that the press will be interested in the amount of accidents with children wearing non branded sandals

Just my opinion anyway

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
nope - they have lots of holes in, I have to admit Iwas sceptical to start with, but they are great, dothe gardening in them and take them every time I go camping

I think I am now a Honorary RV and a chav all in the same week :ROFLMAO:

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
I think I am now a Honorary RV and a chav all in the same week :ROFLMAO:

Only if you wear the Burberry check baseball cap and have your designer knickers sticking out above the waistband of your jeans. :roflmto:

Oh, and I am not a fan of Crocks, mainly because with my scrawny ankles I'd look like Minnie Mouse in them
:RollEyes:

The Poor Relations

Free Member
Sep 16, 2007
Sutton, Ely
Funster No
MH
Folding Camper
Exp
3 weeks
nah, certainly not a knicker sticker outer person!!!! getting bit too old for that now, go for comfort not fashion :ROFLMAO:

I have fat ankles look great on me - what a wonderful picture I have painted of myself. :ROFLMAO:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
People say the crocs are comfortable, but how comfortable can you really be knowing you're wearing some truly ugly footwear

Jelly shoes went out of style for a reason, let's leave them there in the past, .. cut down wellies are more flattering.. :RollEyes:

Link Removed

H

Hugh Jardon

Deleted User
i would personally say that anyone that has not worn them can not really comment

the look of them is one thing but the ease of wear and comfort are another

they are supremely comfortable and great for slipping on and off easily whilst camping, great in the shower, great on the beach and superb on the boat.

i did not like the style and colours when i first saw them, but, i went out and purchased a brown pair so as not to stand out, and wheyyyyy they are amazing and very comfortable and very cheap, all the family has them in various colours.

people who have poo pooed em to start with now own them after trying so dont right em off

not entirely sure what a chav is

R

Ralph

Deleted User
i would personally say that anyone that has not worn them can not really comment

the look of them is one thing but the ease of wear and comfort are another

they are supremely comfortable and great for slipping on and off easily whilst camping, great in the shower, great on the beach and superb on the boat.

i did not like the style and colours when i first saw them, but, i went out and purchased a brown pair so as not to stand out, and wheyyyyy they are amazing and very comfortable and very cheap, all the family has them in various colours.

people who have poo pooed em to start with now own them after trying so dont right em off

not entirely sure what a chav is

Agreed. They may look cr@p but they are so practical. I bought them for use in the van cos you can leave them outside in the rain etc. but I find I'm wearing them all the time.
Also not quite sure what a chav is but I suppose from the above that he must wear (pseudo in my case) crocs and have a motorhome :Doh::Blush:

Suzy

Funster
Jul 19, 2007
Lancashire
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
Do you have an ASBO Suzy?

If not then you can't possibly be a chav :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

No, no ASBO yet Linda! So, is that official, to be a chav we must have ASBO and crocs? Phew narrow escape for me ::bigsmile:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Flip flops for me too :thumb::thumb:

DSC_1056.jpg

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
I think I remember the article saying flip flops got sucked into escalators as well:Eeek:

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
flip flops are so painfull to wear.......OUCHHHHHH!!!!!:Eeek: they give me a blister between my toes....give me my pink,orange & peach coloured crocs anyday....:thumb:

OP
OP
R

RockieRV

Deleted User
flip flops are so painfull to wear.......OUCHHHHHH!!!!!:Eeek: they give me a blister between my toes....give me my pink,orange & peach coloured crocs anyday....:thumb:

I wear a range of flip flops 24/7 and 12 months of the year....
If your bits between the toes hurt, go for soft leather ones - you will never wear closed in shoes again :winky:

I recently converted Pammy to the whys and hows of ff's....... hopefully she will back me up later!

sammclouis

Account Deactivated
Aug 14, 2007
shropshire
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
Dont wear the ones with bits between the toes:Doh:

naw.....they still not as good as crocs...........ask kath,she loved those ones i bought her in zante (not proper crocs but just as good)
what colour you gonna get!!!.........:ROFLMAO:
1424319_0cf12d4943_m.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back