Croatia (1 Viewer)

Feb 22, 2011
Newcastle under Lyme
Funster No
MH
Hymer B544 A Class
Exp
Since 2015
Hi all, Last year I enjoyed time in Krk Croatia and I`m hoping to return to Croatia this year if pet passport scheme still allows easy travel . I`d happily go back to Krk but wonder about the other islands like Cres, Pag and Rab.
Has anyone experience of these other islands and do they have anything to offer that`s different to Krk ?
I`ll be looking for coastal sites by the crystal clear sea waters I enjoyed in Krk to swim, kayak and generally chill out.
TIA

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Last year we went to Rab and Pag, sort of island hopping up from Split. We ended up at Krk. I would have to review the map to see where we stayed exactly. Rab was an especially nice memory although the site we stayed on was in a good position for cycling or walking into town it was a bit tired and abused. Here was one nice little site we enjoyed just before we got onto Pag if my memory serves me well? However if Camping Krk was your scene it will be too quiet for you by a country mile.
https://www.camp-miocic.com/en/camp

I will look up where we went!

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
Camping Padova 3 on Rab, nothing special site except its position which was ideal.
Camping Strasko on Pag was huge, without anything special.
At Trogir we stayed in Camping Belvedere which was a good one for access to the town by site water ferry, but a large site. Recently refurbished.
We loved the country too and only had a glimpse in the 6 weeks we were there, we will return.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 22, 2012
Wigan
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun TI 2012
Exp
Done Croatia loads of times and have visited most of the main islands. We came to the conclusion that it wasn't worth the ferry prices as the islands didn't really offer much difference from the mainland. Last year we went down to visit Korcula. The town got very busy with day and evening trippers. My favourite part of Croatia is the Markarska Riviera. We absolutely loved the little town of Zaostrog where there is an ACSI site. It got busy so you would be better going late September or similar time in Spring.

Mar 23, 2012
sleights
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
We have flotilla sailed around the Zadar area 4 times the islands are lovely especially the ones with no vehicles allowed .

Apr 12, 2010
Bury St Edmunds, West Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Weinsberg Cara
Exp
since 2007
Loved Croatia. The sites were still busy until end of September. The only place where we couldn’t get on quite a few sites as there were 3 vans in convoy until we all split up ( no pun intended) Take a look at Ston, and the Great Wall. There’s a good site there too.
Phil

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back