decameron07

Free Member
Feb 26, 2017
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
Hi looking at spending some a few weeks in Croatia and Slovenia at the end of September beginning October.
Is this a good time of year to go?

Also when is it best to be heading back towards Italy and Spain before the weather turns cold.

Cheers

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I have a plan to go there at the beginning of September returning early Oct to Spain. So I shall watch this thread with interest.

Feb 26, 2013
derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Autocruise stargazer
Exp
since 2013
We arrived in Istria at the start of October last year. The weather was still lovely and we were surprised to find so many campsites closed or closing. But two weeks in the weather changed with a really chilly wind featuring. We were told it had been unusual for it to be so nice at the start of October so be prepared. if we go back it will be no later than September.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
We went a few years ago in mid September to Istria, the sites were emptying and most closing at the end of September/beginning of October, the weather was excellent.

We used the ferry from Genoa to Barcelona on the 6th Oct to save the drive through Southern France to Spain.

sallylillian

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 29, 2011
Falmouth, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Palace Liner 90LO
Exp
I was planning Barcelona to Livorno ferry, then over to Anacona for a ferry to Croatia. I know some will say that's an expensive option but it cuts down the time on a route we have motored before. I would be interested in any comments on other options?

Dec 16, 2014
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
New
Currently in Krk and it's absolutely pouring-never seen rain like it all.Then there's the thunderstorms.Good entertainment at night time because you can't hear the television.At the refurbished Camping KRK.Looks amazing but does not cater for wet/cool weather.The toilet blocks look 5 stars but are totally open to driving rain and wind,no doors at the front where the weather comes from.The roads are tarmaced and become rivers
Went to Dubrovnik from Split via coach then ferry return.Worth the overnight trip but again it poured down.Eventually took my shoes and socks off and paddled back to the Apt.
Croatia looks very picture postcard but mother nature has not allowed us to see the best of her

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back