Critair??????? (1 Viewer)

Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Does anyone know how these work, are the French exempt? Been sitting here in st maxime watching traffic go past, if they are round things with numbers in , I haven't seen a French motor with one but every German, Dutch., and Swiss seem to have one with a 4 in and just seen an English mh with one.
What's it all about?

D

Deleted member 29692

Deleted User
It's a clean air zone scheme. It only applies to certain areas at the moment - Paris, Lyon, Lille and Grenoble - which is why you haven't seen many where you are.

No the French aren't exempt and the scheme is likely to expand to more areas and cities. I suppose foreigners are more likely to do it than a local who knows they're unlikely to get within 100 miles of a zone.

It's a one off €4.80 payment so it's one of those things that you might as well get and be done with it.

There are more details and you can apply for it here: https://www.certificat-air.gouv.fr/en/demande All you need to do is fill in a form and upload a scan of your V5.

Aug 18, 2009
essex
Funster No
MH
A/S Warwick Duo
Exp
do you need one for each city in the scheme in germany, friend said you do .cannot be right ?.
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Anthea M

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Oct 18, 2015
Sheffield
Funster No
MH
Hobby
Exp
Since 2009
We had a German one and a French one on our previous van it lasts the life of the van as has the registration on!but the dealer took them off the windscreen to sell it!!!
Chaser we try to avoid cities in France but got one incase we had to go into one for an emergency ! Need to get one for the new van now!!

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Yeah it's ok, probably get one ourselves next time, just a bit confusing not seeing one French motor with one in and yet didn't see a German one without one and there were loads of them, but as you say we dont intend getting within a 100 miles of a city so should be ok.

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The chances of getting caught in germany are slim. They are not enforced by camera only by a policeman happening to catch you in the wrong zone. As most of us set the gps for the nearest stellplatz or campsite and would avoid city centres this is most unlikely.

I got one for the last mh but havent bothered with the new one and in 6 years visting at least once per year havent had a problem.

The french one - I've also yet to see a French vehicle with one and I'm in france again.

OP
OP
chaser
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
The chances of getting caught in germany are slim. They are not enforced by camera only by a policeman happening to catch you in the wrong zone. As most of us set the gps for the nearest stellplatz or campsite and would avoid city centres this is most unlikely.

I got one for the last mh but havent bothered with the new one and in 6 years visting at least once per year havent had a problem.

The french one - I've also yet to see a French vehicle with one and I'm in france again.
So these in German cars, are they for Germany not France?

Jun 10, 2010
Shrewsbury (sometimes)
Funster No
MH
N&B Clou Liner MAN
Exp
The solid green ones with a 4 are the most common and they re german. I had to google the critair ones to see what they look like.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back