Crit D'Air & Fiat Scam (1 Viewer)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
I have a euro 4 Fiat based motorhome, purchased from new. Went online to apply for the Crit D'Air only to find no CO2 values quoted on my V5. Sent off an email to Fiat customer services and received a reply directing me to Fiat customer services, Madrid and to supply a copy of my V5 along with the request for the figures.
Today, I received a call from Madrid and the lady said she would redirect me to Simon (?) who would provide the information once I had provided picture of Vin number, copy of V5 and paid for the service. I said Fiat should have this information as they built and supplied the base vehicle and she said no! the CO2 figures come from the converter. At this point I hung up.
I contacted Autotrail who said she was talking nonsense and after taking my build number said they would talk to their Fiat contacts in the UK and do their best to get this information. Has anyone else out there had this problem with no values on their V5 and if so how did you get around it.?
Oddly enough, when in France last month I saw none of these stickers on French motor-homes, only the Dutch and the British.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
In order to get a Crit Air Certificate you don’t need to give the CO2 emissions figure, even though they ask for it.

Our V5 didn’t list it either but they get all the info they need from your copy of the V5.

Just submit a copy of the V5 and you will be fine.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
In order to get a Crit Air Certificate you don’t need to give the CO2 emissions figure, even though they ask for it.

Our V5 didn’t list it either but they get all the info they need from your copy of the V5.

Just submit a copy of the V5 and you will be fine.
There is no CO2 value stated on my V5 so i am unable to complete the online form as it require a value to be entered in the box for CO2.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
french dont get them as they have no intention of driving into towns, and just see them as another big brother thing.
The area's covered are expanding all the time and no longer restricted to cities and towns.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

mikebeaches

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 22, 2010
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Rapido V68 Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2009
I got a Crit d'Air sticker 18 months ago for our Euro 5 Ducato - didn't need to enter CO value, and a Level 2 sticker was duly issues without any problem.

To be honest, I don't recall exactly how I did it, other than send an electronic copy (photo) of my V5, along with the completed online form. Sorry.

Jan 5, 2009
Chillington Devon
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2006
I got my sticker without quoting any co2 figures as none on the V5.
Had an email within 48 hrs to use until the sticker arrived.

Mar 16, 2016
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer S520
I never filled in the box for CO2 emissions when I applied for my Crit D'Air. I just sent them a copy of my V5 just has maison said.

Pete

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I'm sure its been quoted on here before about just sending the V5 copy and they work it out for you (y)
No need to be paying anyone. Except the few Euro's for the sticker.

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Me too Euro 6, no co2 figures on V5, just sent electronic copy to Crit Air Site,paid the dosh, got sticker CAT2 very quickly.
Havent been to France yet:(
Hope that helps, just do as we all have done, send it in you will be fine.
Les

Steve N Tracy

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 1, 2015
Southampton
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 Years
I have applied and received a Crit Air twice once Euro5+ and once Euro6 neither had the CO2 listed on the V5 its not required they go on the year of registration.
I will be applying for another one in the next month or so and that will not have a CO2 reading on the V5 either, the reason it's not there is because if it was due to the UK new car taxation scheme you would have to pay a first year premium and a higher rate then the default value.

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
OK ! Thanks for that. I have manged to complete online form by entering 00 emissions and attached copy of V5 form and sent payment.
Looks like I might get a sticker with a 3 on it. That's made my day.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
We asked our French neighbour why he didn’t have a sticker.

He said it was because he knew where he was likely to travel and he wasn’t going into any of the zones. (We do live in the country over there).

Seems fair to me!

Sep 12, 2016
Chesterfield England Tellus 3
Funster No
MH
Lunar Roadstar 800
Exp
6 years
Our Fiat is Euro 4 and I didn't put any CO2 figures on my application and got the Critair back
We already have been in a few areas where we needed it and they were NOT city centres so use the Green-Zones APP to check where you are going

Aug 22, 2007
essex
Funster No
MH
2017 sunlight t69s euro6
Exp
since 1999
ok the crit air sticker is date of registration related not on co figure being the cab chassis is only supplied by fiat /ford/whoever they dont know what is going to be built on it so cant quote a figure

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Up-date. Info from Autotrail. apparently co2 figure not required.

Good Morning,

Further to our telephone conversations, I have been in contact with our Fiat contact and they have told me the following:

‘There is no Co2 figure for this vehicle as it is a commercial vehicle and was not required when the vehicle was built I can only supply the Euro status of the engine and I can do a letter for the customer but they will have to contact me directly as there is an administration charge of £36.00 inc VAT and I will need a copy of the V5C (Log Book) and a photo of the Fiat manufactures VIN Plate.

If the customer is going to Europe and wanting to get emissions stickers for travelling then they only need the Euro Status of the engine and not the Co2 figure’

Please contact Simon Davenport on the following email address:

Badknee

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Ours cost €4.30 istr, pure paper exercise fill form supply copy of V5 and the sticker arrived four days later. We must have the muckiest engine in the world as it got a number 5 on it :eek:
:giggler::giggler:

Oct 2, 2008
Salopia
Funster No
MH
Duro 6x6 Overlander
Exp
since 1968
They can just use V5 as the vehicle gets a year related registration date that manufacturer needs to comply with emission in force to sell in EU . There is a loophole for certain vehicles in UK , but wont be revealing :)

Nicepix

Free Member
Mar 20, 2018
Charente, France
Funster No
MH
Burstner T-Star 695
17190_tableaux-critair-web_voitures-particulieres_V2.jpg
As above; anyone applying for a Crit' Air vignette will be given one relating to the year of manufacture if there is no specific exemption or other reason given on the registration document. Motorhomes are classed the same as cars in France so are not bound by regulations concerning goods vehicles unless it is a self-made PVC or lorry jobby and has not been reclassified.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
Fiat are correct Phil, once a vehicle has been converted theoriginall emissions no longer apply. The only people that can give you the emission figure is Autotrail. With a M1 Special Purpose vehicle which is what a Motorhome is classified as emissions are not required. Emission figures on the V5 or C of C are the last thing you want with a Motorhome as if they are on the V5 it costs you an extra £350 VED a year from years 2 to 6.

soreeyes

Free Member
Feb 21, 2012
Dorset
Funster No
MH
Sunlight T69L 2017
Exp
im a newbie
Applied for a new one last week no emissions on v5 and sent off online no issue and arrived a few days ago .

Nov 25, 2013
kent
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since April 2013
Absolutely correct if 3.5ton plus. Euro status from your COC , we just supplied copy V5 . No problem .

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back