Crikey!! Which Motorhome to get...... (1 Viewer)

Young at Heart

Free Member
Jul 25, 2018
Funster No
So we've bought into this idea which we detailed in the first comment and now we have to get down to the nitty gritty of 'Which Motorhome'. This will be our first one but we are experienced drivers.

So here's our list of 'must haves'!
Maximum 3500kg.... (You know why ha ha)...... Sunroof
No Rear Doors. Bike Rack on rear. Satellite TV. TV. Wifi Booster.
Fixed double bed with no cut off - can't be bothered with pull outs or downs, past all that stuff!
No climbing up to beds or anything like that!! Its mainly for two of us, but 4 berths ideal.
Plenty of overhead storage - that's probably par for the course anyway.
Must be fully winterised - the Intro email advised us to make sure we do that!
Toilet, shower, fridge, microwave, neat kitchenette, table/seating area...

Do we want it easy peasy..... Yes we do.... lol New or Used no matter... just well packed!
Now the budget, well.... £20K doubt we would get anything.... £30K is OK, £40 if its worth it, £50 now that's pushing it but maybe....

Thoughts or ideas? Thanks.
Oh Yes, we have seven little dogs travelling around with us ha ha..... Here's three of them as Puppies.... how could we leave them in kennels!! Ummm.... maybe.... No!!
017.JPG

obanvanman

Free Member
May 1, 2015
Isle of Seil Argyll
Funster No
MH
Eura Mobil 810 Integra
Exp
Yes, I understand your reasons; my son's dogs are rescued ones from Greece.
(I had a nightmare pitch once (but only briefly) next to a lady with two parrots that never stopped talking/shouting - mostly highly offensive swearing, especially when she put a cover on their cage in an attempt to quieten them).
Thanks for the tip. I will see if a cover over my mother in laws bungalow has the same effect.

Reactions: p-c
Upvote 0

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Had anybody thought of the living conditions for the dogs themselves cooped up in a small space hours at a time?

I once saw a MH with 4 quite large dogs. Two lived in a cage in the rear garage, two inside. I don't know if they were rotated or whether two got used to living in a cage in a garage.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Young at Heart

Young at Heart

Free Member
Jul 25, 2018
Funster No
Contrary to what some of you might/are/have been thinking small dogs love 1) Company 2) Attention 3) Walks 4) Food.... So there you are, they will be very happy - they will always have company and lots of walks - and enjoy the expedition... and as soon as we find somewhere everything will revert back to normal.... well, maybe...... :)o_O:D2

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Aug 22, 2017
Funster No
MH
Wildax Europa PVC
Exp
Since 2014 -- cycle-camper before that
I think you need to get yourself to a show or several dealers to see what is available. When that’s done you can decide on what compromises are to be taken. either side.

That's the best advice I reckon. Get yourself to a few shows to see all the various layouts in the flesh. It's the best way to see what works for you and what compromises you could make to stay within budget. And you might get a few ideas you didn't even know were possible.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
For anyone who's wondering, this is the OP's original thread about why ...

https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/motorhome-newbies.180238/

You ask a question on there about motorhome insurance ... as you will be living full-time in the camper when you sell your home you'l have to get full-timers insurance which is expensive so I suggest you give some companies a call and ask what it would be for various types/ages of MHs.

Upvote 0

bill kircher

Free Member
Jul 28, 2018
Portsmouth
Funster No
MH
Compass Castaway RG
my compass castaway has a rear bed that goes up and down, when its up you can put a moped in the massive garage.
just a thought ……
good luck

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
my compass castaway has a rear bed that goes up and down, when its up you can put a moped in the massive garage.
just a thought ……
good luck
Certainly another option for the OP ... Chaussons too have a rise/fall bed on winches or motors.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back