LIFE MEMBER
Aug 25, 2014
notloB
Funster No
MH
Vantage Neo
Exp
Living the dream.
Just watched that, I had no idea about these third party clearing companies. Not good, not good at all. I wonder if PayPal are classed as one?

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just watched that, I had no idea about these third party clearing companies. Not good, not good at all. I wonder if PayPal are classed as one?
Quote from artical...We've covered this issue before regarding one major third-party payments firm, PayPal. Martin's PayPal Warning guide explains paying via PayPal will often – though not always – scupper your Section 75 rights.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 26, 2008
B&NES
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2007
My 2d worth: Not all Amex cards may covered by section 75 CCA. It depends on the type of card.

Worldpay (per their statement to MSE) think that payment by debit card is protected, but that seems incorrect. If I want section 75 protection I would not use a debit card to pay the retailer / service provider.

I can understand why the banks and credit card providers would like the question of third party payment processors to remain a grey area so they can have more wriggle room. This section 75 question begs for a test case so that the Courts can give a definitive answer based on a wide interpretation of the section, leading to the result that Parliament must have intended if third party payment processors had existed in 1974. The right answer from the High Court would force Regulators and Ombudsmen to take full responsibility to protect consumers.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back