Crashed into -- then assaulted .... the conclusion (1 Viewer)

D

DL42846

Deleted User
Great result. Nice to see that being right does win sometimes.

Silver-Fox

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2014
Cheltenham Spa
Funster No
MH
Rapido
Exp
im a not so newbie
You were not even in your car at the time and it wasn't on the highway.

It doesn't have to be on the highway if the public normally have access to the area where the incident took place :)

Looks like a good outcome (y)
Now time to put the effort into why no Police attendance and the fact you were assaulted.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Are you now the proverbial pain in the neck ?

Always was so it's not a new thing ...... better than being a PITA (pain in the ..........)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 11, 2010
Chester
Funster No
MH
Auto-trail
Exp
Well that`s our 13th year & still loving it.
Well done and a good result, hopefully it won't come back to bite you when the renewal time comes round.

We owned a 15yr old MX5 the car was in immaculate condition, whilst leaving a tesco supermarket car park a car driving out of a parking bay drove straight into the side of us.
His car was smashed all down one side from a previous accident, he said he didn't want to go through his insurance because of this other accident and would pay for our car to be repaired, my first thoughts were this guy isn't insured.
I phoned my insurance company and explained the situation making a point that I wasn't making a claim on my policy just telling them the facts, no problem I was told.

Four years later I was taking out a new policy on a motorcycle and they told me I hadn't declared a previous accident, long long story but it turned out that they had on record our MX5 had been written off as a result of the accident, it took me 6 moths to finally get it all sorted. apparently Saga had recorded that the MX5 was worth X amount of pounds and that the damage done would make an uneconomical repair, so they declared the car a right off.

Never under estimate the power of a computer screen and wrong information being recorded.

Bustup15

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 25, 2018
Durham
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs I 7820-2
Exp
New to motorhomes 2019
But he failed to disclose truthfully all information about his history therefore the insurance company can see this as non disclosure.
Just received this back from the AA and thought it useful to share as there seems to be various opinions on the rights and wrongs of disclosure. Having said that I'm well p@ssed off as it's now on database and being flagged for 5 years! :mad::mad::mad:

The claims database shows the claim as a non-fault incident from 29/03/2016 with Mr Neil Robson as a drive. The registration number of the car is GX15 OGB. The incident description is Mr Robson’s vehicle was parked up and a third party vehicle has hit the rear bumper.

Some insurers do load their premiums for non-fault incidents as well as fault. If you were to go elsewhere as this incident has been recorded on the claims database it does need to be disclosed to all insurers for a 5 year period.

Oct 7, 2013
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Swift Escape Compact
Exp
Since 1988
Great news, but you have been lucky.

Bask in the glory and well done for persevering!:xThumb:

You deserved to win this one.

Join us or log in to post a reply.