Crank up Satellite/Directional Wifi / Directional 3G all in one? (1 Viewer)

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I have been trying to figure out a way to do easy directional 3g and wifi without having to mess about looping cables and messing around a lot before setting off.

Just had a thought.

My initial thought was to get a crank up satellite dish and remove the dish and LNB arm and just use the upright to mount the 3G and Wifi antennas. However looking at the price of these things I thought it would be a shame to knacker them up.

I don't watch TV except for the formula one so losing internet access to watch F1 for 2 hours wouldn't hurt me much.
I have therefore decided to leave the satellite dish intact and attach both the 3G directional antenna and the Wifi directional antenna to the back of the dish. I will obviously have to put some small plastic wind deflectors on the dish as well to protect it when driving.

The only issue I can think of is that I will have to be careful on which way I turn the dish to stop the cables getting twisted but this shouldn't be too much of an issue.

Only one of the three systems would be powered up at any time so I can't see any issue with interference.

I haven't even seen a crank up satellite dish so don't really know how they are setup or are engineered.

Anyone have any comments or suggestions on this?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back