Craft Weekend at Woodside Field - Mini Meet (1 Viewer)

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Craft Weekend at Woodside Field - Mini Meet 2nd - 5th July

Join Mrs Quackers for a craft weekend at Woodside Field 2nd - 5th July. The idea is to simply to share experience and ideas. Bring your own equipment/stash and just spend the weekend all crafting together. (If you don't have room to bring everything, you can use some of Mrs Q's die cutting machines, dies, guillotines & stamps). We will put up a canopy with tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices.
This is open to Card making, knitting, Crochet, painting, wood carving, etc so, I think while it would be great to share experience, I'm sure it's fine to do whatever you want to do and just enjoy the social side of crafting.
We want to try this event on a small scale so we only have 5 motorhome places available. (Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath J18 M4) A kind Funster has donated a box of goodies for the event so the cost will be our Cl rate £36 for the weekend. Arrive on the Friday from lunchtime chill out get to know the surroundings and then on Saturday and Sunday just join in when you are ready.

If you are not familiar with our site we are Located 2 miles from the M4 junction 18 on the A46 towards Stroud. It is a rural site with large open space including a small woodland area. Please look at our website for more details woodsidefield.co.uk

The following have confirmed attendance.

1 Pops 1 Confirmed Paid
2 Sugarnan Confirmed Paid.
3 Dinosaur Confirmed Paid.
4 SueG Confirmed Paid.
5 Sweatman Confirmed Paid.

This event is now full if you would still like the opportunity to attend please ask to be included on the reserve list..

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
I would be interested in this even though I have no idea whch crafts you will be doing or is the idea that we all bring our own project ideas ?

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I would be interested in this even though I have no idea whch crafts you will be doing or is the idea that we all bring our own project ideas ?
Hi, Mrs Quackers here. The idea of the weekend is pretty flexible - it would just be nice to meet up with other crafters. I personally papercraft, mostly card making, and will be moving as much of my equipment (die cutting machines, dies, stamps. etc.) as Quackers is prepared to transport into the field which others are welcome to have a go with, & we are eagerly awaiting the arrival of a box of 'stuff' that a kind funster has donated for use at the weekend. If you're a beginner and would like to have a go at card making that's fine - there'll be plenty you can do, but if you already card make, scrapbook, paint, crochet, knit, wood carve, basket weave or pretty much anything else you'd be more than welcome to simply come along and craft with the rest of us.

Hope this helps :giggle:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mousy

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 13, 2013
Sa15 2DG
Funster No
MH
Hymer S840 Merc auto
Exp
Since 2013
Hi, I think this would be lovely to come too. I’ve lots of watercolour stuff as I used to paint. Happy for people to try that if you’d like. I’ve never made cards but wouldn’t mind having a go, plus I make Luna Lapin, happy to sit handsewing and chatting. Please may we come?

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi, I think this would be lovely to come too. I’ve lots of watercolour stuff as I used to paint. Happy for people to try that if you’d like. I’ve never made cards but wouldn’t mind having a go, plus I make Luna Lapin, happy to sit handsewing and chatting. Please may we come?
Yes of course you can Mousy and bringing your watercolour stuff is an excellent idea thank you.

We will start a conversation and give you all instructions on how to book in for the weekend shortly.

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
I see you put my name down thank you, sorry I didn’t respond sooner but I wasn’t able to post on here earlier

Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
Thank you Mousy, you have jogged my memory - I am not very artistic but I have always rather liked watercoloured lampshades and with that in mind I bought a pack of lampshade kits with the intention of giving it a go ....but that was about five years ago and I have never even opened the box! It was a big box which must either be up in the loft or at the back of the garage somewhere, perhaps I can dig that out and bring it along. Has anybody had any experience of lampshade making?

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
I have sent you all a message explaining how to book in for this mini meet.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Spaces available at the Craft Weekend in July anybody interested?

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Spaces available at the Craft Weekend at Woodside Field - Mini Meet in July anybody interested?

Aug 18, 2020
Funster No
MH
Trigano Tribute
Exp
Thank you Mousy, you have jogged my memory - I am not very artistic but I have always rather liked watercoloured lampshades and with that in mind I bought a pack of lampshade kits with the intention of giving it a go ....but that was about five years ago and I have never even opened the box! It was a big box which must either be up in the loft or at the back of the garage somewhere, perhaps I can dig that out and bring it along. Has anybody had any experience of lam previously so can helppshade making?
I have made an embroidered lampshade so can help. If you can't find your kit (probably hiding in a safe place?) you can search for 'craft paper' this is quite stiff but can be painted watercolours/or acrylics then shaped around a lampshade frame. Hope that helps.

Attachments

• P1010946.JPG
    P1010946.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 15
Mar 21, 2021
Wales, UK
Funster No
MH
Campervan
I have made an embroidered lampshade so can help. If you can't find your kit (probably hiding in a safe place?) you can search for 'craft paper' this is quite stiff but can be painted watercolours/or acrylics then shaped around a lampshade frame. Hope that helps.
Thank you. They look beautiful, well done you. You are right, my kits are doing a very good job of hiding !

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
Any wood carvers out there, have plenty of logs to play with.

May 3, 2016
Ayrshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-Tiki
Thank you. They look beautiful, well done you. You are right, my kits are doing a very good job of hiding !
The really good thing is that because now the bulbs are so much cooler it means you can really go mad with different materials.
I think the aim with any craft is to do things that please your eye, the rest will follow.

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012

Craft Weekend at Woodside Field - Mini Meet 2nd - 5th July

Join Mrs Quackers for a craft weekend at Woodside Field 2nd - 5th July. The idea is to simply to share experience and ideas. Bring your own equipment/stash and just spend the weekend all crafting together. (If you don't have room to bring everything, you can use some of Mrs Q's die cutting machines, dies, guillotines & stamps). We will put up a canopy with tables so you are not chasing paper across the field and the generator will be fired up to run any devices.
This is open to Card making, knitting, Crochet, painting, wood carving, etc so, I think while it would be great to share experience, I'm sure it's fine to do whatever you want to do and just enjoy the social side of crafting.
We want to try this event on a small scale so we only have 5 motorhome places available. (Old Sodbury near Bristol/Bath J18 M4) A kind Funster has donated a box of goodies for the event so the cost will be our Cl rate £36 for the weekend. Arrive on the Friday from lunchtime chill out get to know the surroundings and then on Saturday and Sunday just join in when you are ready.

If you are not familiar with our site we are Located 2 miles from the M4 junction 18 on the A46 towards Stroud. It is a rural site with large open space including a small woodland area. Please look at our website for more details woodsidefield.co.uk

3 Places remaining any takers?

OP
OP
Q

Quackers

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 11, 2019
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
Since 2012
We have one place remaining for the Woodside Field Craft Weekend 2nd - 5th July.
Anybody want to join in?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back