Crackdown on beach parking (2 Viewers)

Dec 29, 2012
Cheltenham
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7066df
Exp
Since 2014
My avatar is of a beach just north of Aguilas, you'll find it listed in CamperContact but the more famous beaches south of Aguilas I found singularly unimpressive when we visited them last May or June - packed with people and not very clean. Our guide books raved about the Cuatro Calas but they are a very mixed bunch. The one nearest the campsite does have nice sheltered swimming though, but perhaps not at this time of the year!

Cycled to calabardina, about another 30 motorhomes there also, but some space by the water. Many are parked in little areas back from the sea.

I was told the Czech's use the sheltered swimming spot every day to wash in:whistle:

BTW @DBK we are staying at Bella Vista after reading your blog and have found it the friendliest site we have ever stayed on. Many thanks.(y)

Reactions: DBK

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
In the Thames-side town in which I live we have 5 nights free mooring for pleasure boaters. This is the only town on the Thames to do this. The move was made to attract people to the town to spend. For a substantial part of the year these town moorings are full and evidence is that they bring in money, via food shopping, eating in town or buying fuel.

About 50 m from the river bank, in one shaded, quiet private corner of a vast car park, there is an unused lorry parking area ( lorries prefer not to pick their way off the A34 through narrow streets and a busy town to park there, however attractive and quiet). There are pubs and pleasant walks within a short distance, public toilets, rubbish disposal water and good bus services too. It's all very scenic.

Motorhomers stopping there are asked to phone a council number before overnighting and buy a ticket, at £ 7.50 for 24 hours. It is listed in Camperstop etc

It costs no more to maintain this motorhome area than to maintain the busy car park which it joins and which must be self-supporting. Maintaining the town owned river bank however costs quite a lot as flooding and a heavy boat traffic takes its toll.

Town councillors however are not prepared to make the "aire" free as they do not perceive motorhomers as bringing anything much other than extra traffic to an already overburdened town and they don't look very pretty either when parked ! Ive also seen motorhomers say that they are not prepared to pay £7.50 for even the most attractive of parking place if it has no facilities. Some will park on rather dangerous laybys off the A34 however, but they are free.
It's publicised on their web site (and mine :D) as well :D

I'm only guessing but I suppose the District Council would have to waive the charge for market traders and lorries if they waived it for motorhomes. Perhaps waiving it for lorries might attract too many?

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
We are at Camping Bella Vista Aguilas and I can see 30 to 40 motorhomes on the waste ground above the beach from my pitch, some have been there for at least 2 weeks. We have also walked to Playa La Higuerica and Playa La Carolina which are also popular wild camping spots. I am told these beaches are not in the same Provence as Aguilas so do not get moved on by the local police.
Having never wild camped in the 18 months we have had the motorhome we had decided we would like to spend a couple of nights on one of these secluded beaches when we leave Bella Vista, so I hope they have not cleared Aguilas before the 10th Feb as I suspect I will not be able to get anywhere near these lovey spots.

Yes that's one of the main places I'm talking about . You only ever used to get a few there whereas now It is packed. It suddenly got worse just before christmas. I regularly stop at the small bar on the beach & take the dog for a walk ,normally up yo & around the derlict house & back around the harbour. I'm surprised that the Don Juan hotel isn't complaining about it. Additionally the last 3 weeks at the Águilas saturday market has been horrendous with the abysmal parking of all the French motorhomes around the main road, bus stop , outside Aldi's . Sorry to point the finger but it is the sheer amount of them this year & they park them abysmally. I came back to my car saturday to find one had slewed in off the road on to the waste ground parking , leaving everyone on the left behind blocked on& on my side barely able to get past to exit & not able to see to the left as 18" was still in the road. The police will be cracking down soon.

when you walk from Bella Vista towards Las Carolinas beaches before you get to the petrol station on the right, (which offers water fill, grey & black waste emptying. You just have to get key inside,) you are in Almeria ,Andalucia & so the beaches come under a different local council & region. At a guess probably San Juan de los Terreros ?

Back on topic ....

We have just filled up with Diesel, food and wine :) in Aguilas and stopped on the West beach for lunch. The place is steaming and looks like a motorhome ghetto! We don't want to sit here like sitting ducks so we're off...

On our way to Cabo de Gata :)
Yes it didn't look good the other week.:(
The North side ,although more agricultural in scenery is better although many of the beaches out past Calabardina & along had 2 or 3 on nearly all of them the weekend before last.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
We are at Camping Bella Vista Aguilas and I can see 30 to 40 motorhomes on the waste ground above the beach from my pitch, some have been there for at least 2 weeks. We have also walked to Playa La Higuerica and Playa La Carolina which are also popular wild camping spots. I am told these beaches are not in the same Provence as Aguilas so do not get moved on by the local police.
Having never wild camped in the 18 months we have had the motorhome we had decided we would like to spend a couple of nights on one of these secluded beaches when we leave Bella Vista, so I hope they have not cleared Aguilas before the 10th Feb as I suspect I will not be able to get anywhere near these lovey spots.

Bellavista, The nice man let me cut the "roof bars" to get my R-V in one year!

Pete

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
So please, then, can you provide a few evidenced examples of specific sites in the UK where the creation of aires would be economically viable and why.

I wouldn't go as far as to say Definitely Economically viable. but would venture to suggest that Bridlington and Scarborough would come high on any list in East and North Yorkshire. In both cases suitable "sites" are available and could be developed at relatively low cost IF the will was there. And I would suggest there could be others?

Pete.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
Seconded. Tried to book 10 days in Septemnber in Rowntree as we have a trip from York Station booked. No chance every single weekend block booked.

And Why?. Because the same people "BLOCK BOOK" every year on Jan 1st. and then cancel 72hrs before they would get a rollicking from the CC, if they decide they do not want that particular Date (or it`s forecast rain!!). We have been on several times with Short Notice cancellations!

We spent Xmas there 2008?. And the site was "FULL". The section where I was on Xmas day and Boxing day there where 11 empty pitches!!

Pete

Bertie Bassett

Free Member
Jul 25, 2014
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1988
And Why?. Because the same people "BLOCK BOOK" every year on Jan 1st. and then cancel 72hrs before they would get a rollicking from the CC, if they decide they do not want that particular Date (or it`s forecast rain!!). We have been on several times with Short Notice cancellations!

We spent Xmas there 2008?. And the site was "FULL". The section where I was on Xmas day and Boxing day there where 11 empty pitches!!

Pete
Every year.:(

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I trust Funsters DO REALISE that not ALL Free Loading Motorhoming Tossers park with hundreds of other vans near beaches and beauty spots, hanging out their washing, running their gennys in the day so they can watch the soaps at night, and emptying their poo in the sea.

As a proud, full timing, Free Loader myself who is currently parked (with six others) in a peaceful wooded area next to a lake formed by a barragem, I would no more long term freeload in the places described above as I would go to Old Tragicford and watch that lot of has beens.

Proper, Rufty Tufty Freeloaders keep themselves to themselves as much as possible and prefer out of the way places, where they don't bother anyone.

Obviously the trick is to try and keep these locations as secret as possible so they don't become over run by the unwashed masses!

Indeed, I find that the most crowded places, where vans are packed in like sardines and bloody washing is hanging up everywhere, are often the official campsites where you actually pay for the privilege of having a complete stranger parked alongside you and staring into your home from three feet away!

But you weekend, only campsite, folk carry on holding your slightly off piste views about those of us who choose to use our motorhomes differently... especially if you don't have a change of heart and start clogging up all the really nice, "secret" places.

JJ :cool:

Deleted User
I trust Funsters DO REALISE that not ALL Free Loading Motorhoming Tossers park with hundreds of other vans near beaches and beauty spots, hanging out their washing, running their gennys in the day so they can watch the soaps at night, and emptying their poo in the sea.

As a proud, full timing, Free Loader myself who is currently parked (with six others) in a peaceful wooded area next to a lake formed by a barragem, I would no more long term freeload in the places described above as I would go to Old Tragicford and watch that lot of has beens.

Proper, Rufty Tufty Freeloaders keep themselves to themselves as much as possible and prefer out of the way places, where they don't bother anyone.

Obviously the trick is to try and keep these locations as secret as possible so they don't become over run by the unwashed masses!

Indeed, I find that the most crowded places, where vans are packed in like sardines and bloody washing is hanging up everywhere, are often the official campsites where you actually pay for the privilege of having a complete stranger parked alongside you and staring into your home from three feet away!

But you weekend, only campsite, folk carry on holding your slightly off piste views about those of us who choose to use our motorhomes differently... especially if you don't have a change of heart and start clogging up all the really nice, "secret" places.

Never stopped on the Silves car park then:D
Agree with the rest though apart from the 'weekend only' bit, we choose to live on sites all year for convenience but beware we have just bought a PVC so may be coming to a freeloading spot near you.......soon:D

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp

I fully agree with you. I always look at from the point of view of the locals & homeowners & wouldn't want it done to me .So I make sure I'm unobtrusive.
P.s. You robbed us of 3 point s at the weekend so I'm told.:)

Reactions: JJ

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Never stopped on the Silves car park then:D
Agree with the rest though apart from the 'weekend only' bit, we choose to live on sites all year for convenience but beware we have just bought a PVC so may be coming to a freeloading spot near you.......soon:D

Yes I have sometimes stopped at Silves carpark...

and your point is?

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I fully agree with you. I always look at from the point of view of the locals & homeowners & wouldn't want it done to me .So I make sure I'm unobtrusive.
P.S. You robbed us of 3 point s at the weekend so I'm told.:)

Afraid I don't know who "us" is... but indeed, if we really did rob "you" of three points allow me convey to you, from the bottom of my heart and without a word of a lie, just how totally delighted I am that we did.

Your team must be proud to have supporters like you who follow them week in, week out and even have people inform them how they did at the weekends...:rofl:

Deleted User
Yes I have sometimes stopped at Silves carpark...

and your point is?

'packed in like sardines'.......'bloody washing hanging everywhere'........'complete stranger staring into your home from 3 feet away' sound familiar?

I pay for sites where I can avoid most of that scenario most of the year......except when the freeloaders come on site to do their washing:D

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Yeah yeah, whatever, Mr Matamoros... no one here is interested in you and me attempting to "point score" against each other...

You are basically campsite person.

Fair play to you...

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Dragging this post, (kicking and screaming) back to the OP.
I was one of those, 'Freeloading tossers' who parked at Playa La Higuerica for three nights in November.
I don't think, or at least I'd like to think that the Authorities in Mercia are not targeting those at Playa La Higuerica for the following reason, the primary one being that we weren't parked on a beach. Us and the other 18 'vans were simply watching the world go by.

We were parked in a car park. That description is stretching it a bit as it comprised of a football sized area of flattened gound, significantly situated outside the marker posts that Murcia have installed I presume to designate 'The Foreshore' regardless of the terrain.
99% of the 'vans in attendance didn't have so much as a teatowel fluttering in the breeze, let alone an awning and chairs etc.
We all, one way or another contributed to the local economy by shopping in the town, visiting bars and restaurants and using the services of the baker who came every morning.
I saw no evidence whatsoever of persons dumping black water.

We were visited every day by both the 'Locale' and 'Guarda' who were on the lookout for 'Camping behaviour' They didn't see any and made no comment .

I know it's been posted many times before but for all those who haven't seen it before here is the Official spanish take on 'wilding' in a motorhome.
Broken Link Removed

Sorry it's in Spanish, I've got the translated version somewhere but basically it says that if you park the vehicle in accordance with the law, (and I don't think that means, on a Beach) and you do not carry out camping behaviour, and that means using anything under, on or around the van, think, tables, chairs, canopies, washing lines, steps, ramps etc, I think you get my drift, then you are to be treated no different to anybody parking a car next to you.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I wouldn't go as far as to say Definitely Economically viable. but would venture to suggest that Bridlington and Scarborough would come high on any list in East and North Yorkshire. In both cases suitable "sites" are available and could be developed at relatively low cost IF the will was there. And I would suggest there could be others?

Pete.
But both Bridlington and Scarborough are towns, not the "evidenced examples of specific sites" I asked for :) Indeed, we already know from several past threads that Scarborough is a non-starter because of the planning policy which prevents using land as a caravan site close enough to the town centre for an aire.
I can't think of anywhere in Bridlington which is suitable. The council has already suffered problems with travellers at the P&R so it would be difficult to make a case there.

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Bellavista, The nice man let me cut the "roof bars" to get my R-V in one year!

Pete

He was also very sympathetic when I informed him that I had recorded a score of 4.8 for technical merit when I went down a flight of steps on the site in one go after a bout of rain.:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:
Those steps were lethal and the bruising has just gone.for

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
He was also very sympathetic when I informed him that I had recorded a score of 4.8 for technical merit when I went down a flight of steps on the site in one go after a bout of rain.:whatthe::whatthe::whatthe:
Those steps were lethal and the bruising has just gone.for

The Ones by the office?

Pete

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
The Ones by the office?

Pete
No, Pete,
The ones leading down to the wash up area from the upper level.
While I think about it, there were a couple of broken tiles on the leading edge to one of the steps.
I got the high marks for avoiding those as I fell.

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I can't think of anywhere in Bridlington which is suitable. The council has already suffered problems with travellers at the P&R so it would be difficult to make a case there.

Well, They recently removed the old "boating Pond" by the Spa?, access might be problematic!.:D:whistle:. There is the "park" up towards Limekiln Lane?. But as you say the south P&R site would lend itself? Travellers not withstanding. Just got to get the "bung" to the right Guy?. BTW, they foisted themselves on the Hiderthorpe Rd Coach park recently right by Tesco!!!.

Pete

Deleted User
Yeah yeah, whatever, Mr Matamoros... no one here is interested in you and me attempting to "point score" against each other...

You are basically campsite person.

Fair play to you...

Not attempting to point score Mr JJ, just a bit of banter:D

Reactions: JJ
OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Dragging this post, (kicking and screaming) back to the OP.
I was one of those, 'Freeloading tossers' who parked at Playa La Higuerica for three nights in November.
I don't think, or at least I'd like to think that the Authorities in Mercia are not targeting those at Playa La Higuerica for the following reason, the primary one being that we weren't parked on a beach. Us and the other 18 'vans were simply watching the world go by.

We were parked in a car park. That description is stretching it a bit as it comprised of a football sized area of flattened gound, significantly situated outside the marker posts that Murcia have installed I presume to designate 'The Foreshore' regardless of the terrain.
99% of the 'vans in attendance didn't have so much as a teatowel fluttering in the breeze, let alone an awning and chairs etc.
We all, one way or another contributed to the local economy by shopping in the town, visiting bars and restaurants and using the services of the baker who came every morning.
I saw no evidence whatsoever of persons dumping black water.

We were visited every day by both the 'Locale' and 'Guarda' who were on the lookout for 'Camping behaviour' They didn't see any and made no comment .

I know it's been posted many times before but for all those who haven't seen it before here is the Official spanish take on 'wilding' in a motorhome.
Broken Link Removed

Sorry it's in Spanish, I've got the translated version somewhere but basically it says that if you park the vehicle in accordance with the law, (and I don't think that means, on a Beach) and you do not carry out camping behaviour, and that means using anything under, on or around the van, think, tables, chairs, canopies, washing lines, steps, ramps etc, I think you get my drift, then you are to be treated no different to anybody parking a car next to you.
They aren't targeting La Higuerica as it is in Almeria.In Andalucia.
As I replied in the other post Murcia stops literally just round the bend , or past the new roundabout & before the garage.

http://www.maplandia.com/spain/murcia/

If you zoom in you will see Bella Vista & the red line denotes the Murcia-Andalucia border .

Reactions: DBK

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
Am I right in thinking that those 'trig' type posts that are all along the coast around there are to demarkate the coast and accordingly where no structures can be put up. I forgot to ask when I was there.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Well, They recently removed the old "boating Pond" by the Spa?, access might be problematic!.:D:whistle:. There is the "park" up towards Limekiln Lane?. But as you say the south P&R site would lend itself? Travellers not withstanding. Just got to get the "bung" to the right Guy?. BTW, they foisted themselves on the Hiderthorpe Rd Coach park recently right by Tesco!!!.

Pete
I was going to suggest that you approached the council with those ideas until I saw the sentence "Just got to get the "bung" to the right Guy?". Now that sort of attitude is going to advance the argument a long way isn't it? It's no wonder that councils don't respond positively when they see ridiculous, inane comments like that.

John & Joan

Free Member
Mar 30, 2010
Darlington
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
10 years this time
Local authorities, in whatever country, have to balance the requirements of everyone. If camp sites are suffering loss of business (= lower income to employ people and pay tax) as a result of people camping illegally then it is unsurprising that they clamp down on the illegal behaviour.

There may be a strong argument for provision of aires in places where there aren't sites already but that doesn't hold just because some people don't want to pay the market rates that existing sites charge.

A lot of the campsites in Spain, apart from a few are closed at this time of year. There is one just before the beaches west of Aguilias which I have never seen open during all of the months we have spent down in Spain. Typical Spanish with lots of structures for shading.

There was an article in the CB news saying the tourist authorities were trying to get the season extended to 5 months as the weather is holding out for longer. As north Europeans we have had worse summer weather in June , July and August than we have here in December and January. The sea is as warm as the UK in summer even now.

There are far more facilities for getting water and disposing of waste apart from the Garage noted which only allows free use if you purchase gas or fuel otherwise there is a charge of 1euro 50 cents. There are camperstops where it is possible to go for one night at between 6 and 10 euro. The Aire in Cartagena has free dumping and parking during the day. Water is 1 euro metered. Overnight 11pm to 8am they charge 10 euro.

We have found no need to hunt for holes in the ground in Murcia.

OP
OP
gus-lopez
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Am I right in thinking that those 'trig' type posts that are all along the coast around there are to demarkate the coast and accordingly where no structures can be put up. I forgot to ask when I was there.

no ,they are just trig points.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation_station#Spain

Building comes under the 1989 ' ley de La Costa' .
Basically this allows no construction whatsoever within 100m of the absolute high water mark . From 100m-200m only certain structures deemed relevant under Spanish law & from 200m-500m a slim possibility of building.
What they have been doing over the last 10 or so years is
recording all properties within the distances & this has been done in many areas. All has been done in a way as not to alert the local population. I.e. furtively.
Most of the coast from the French border all the way to Alicante has been done, along with many places around Northern Spain ,all the balearics ,parts of Andalucia.
Unfortunately what they have also been doing under Rajoy's watch is implementing the law retrospectively !! & getting away with it. Obviously they only pick on the individuals & the weakest that they can bully. They have demolished many properties ,all illegally under the Spanish constitution which specifically states that " No law can ever be enforced retrospectively" . Many North europeans have also found that they have "purchased" properties only to find that they don't actually own it but have the "right" to live in it for 30 years ( now increased to 60) & which cannot be bequeathed to anyone & will be demolished upon the persons death & they costs invoiced to the estate.
They even attempted to demolish a small village that comes under Lorca town council & which is to the North of Águilas & before Mazarron. Been there 00's of years.They are all mad.There's no hope with half-wits like this about & breeding.:(
I could go on but I won't .:LOL:
A lot of the campsites in Spain, apart from a few are closed at this time of year. There is one just before the beaches west of Aguilias which I have never seen open during all of the months we have spent down in Spain. Typical Spanish with lots of structures for shading.

No there is an actual reason for that if it is the one I am thinking of. If it is the one going away from Bella Vista into Almeria & basically the last site on the seaward(beach) side then it is in one of the lowest points for rainfall runoff & in the event of a 'Gota Fria' would be destroyed . It was open still the first year I was here & then closed & was ,theoretically , for sale. It just couldn't be used as a campsite.
There is also another one similar to that in Bolnuevo by the new bridge which is lying vacant. Between the rambla & the Campsite where everyone stops ; which is actually the
"new " campsite & replaced the other which was destroyed.
Reason is the same here. In 1989 there was a Gota Fria which completely destroyed that bridge & the water level was approx. 9m at the bridge.
Report here;
http://murciatoday.com/mazarrón-history-the-bolnuevo-gota-fría_8039-a.html

Old campsite , or the buildings that remained standing,got left as a memorial .On the other side of the bridge going into Puerto de Mazarron it was laid out for building. Unbelievable really.:(

DBK

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 9, 2013
Plympton, Devon
Funster No
MH
PVC, Murvi Morocco
Exp
no ,they are just trig points.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Triangulation_station#Spain

Building comes under the 1989 ' ley de La Costa' .
Basically this allows no construction whatsoever within 100m of the absolute high water mark . From 100m-200m only certain structures deemed relevant under Spanish law & from 200m-500m a slim possibility of building.
What they have been doing over the last 10 or so years is
recording all properties within the distances & this has been done in many areas. All has been done in a way as not to alert the local population. I.e. furtively.
Most of the coast from the French border all the way to Alicante has been done, along with many places around Northern Spain ,all the balearics ,parts of Andalucia.
Unfortunately what they have also been doing under Rajoy's watch is implementing the law retrospectively !! & getting away with it. Obviously they only pick on the individuals & the weakest that they can bully. They have demolished many properties ,all illegally under the Spanish constitution which specifically states that " No law can ever be enforced retrospectively" . Many North europeans have also found that they have "purchased" properties only to find that they don't actually own it but have the "right" to live in it for 30 years ( now increased to 60) & which cannot be bequeathed to anyone & will be demolished upon the persons death & they costs invoiced to the estate.
They even attempted to demolish a small village that comes under Lorca town council & which is to the North of Águilas & before Mazarron. Been there 00's of years.They are all mad.There's no hope with half-wits like this about & breeding.:(
I could go on but I won't .:LOL:

No there is an actual reason for that if it is the one I am thinking of. If it is the one going away from Bella Vista into Almeria & basically the last site on the seaward(beach) side then it is in one of the lowest points for rainfall runoff & in the event of a 'Gota Fria' would be destroyed . It was open still the first year I was here & then closed & was ,theoretically , for sale. It just couldn't be used as a campsite.
There is also another one similar to that in Bolnuevo by the new bridge which is lying vacant. Between the rambla & the Campsite where everyone stops ; which is actually the
"new " campsite & replaced the other which was destroyed.
Reason is the same here. In 1989 there was a Gota Fria which completely destroyed that bridge & the water level was approx. 9m at the bridge.
Report here;
http://murciatoday.com/mazarrón-history-the-bolnuevo-gota-fría_8039-a.html

Old campsite , or the buildings that remained standing,got left as a memorial .On the other side of the bridge going into Puerto de Mazarron it was laid out for building. Unbelievable really.:(
I've seen that site beyond Bellavista and wondered why it wasn't open - it looked a good position behind the beach. Now I know!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back