saintliner

Free Member
Jul 2, 2012
grimsby
Funster No
MH
van conversion
Exp
hi my name is brian we are newbies wondered if anyone can give advice on using cpap machine on 12 volts
thank you

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
it all depends on whether the cpap unit has the option of 12v supply. otherwise you will need a small inverter to convert 12v dc to 240v ac and some way to recharge the battery

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
I am sure someone on here has solved the problem and will be along to help when they read your post:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
How much electric does it use. Does it have a plate/sticker with the power details?

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
I think you would need a good bank of batteries to use one overnight, every night and you would possibly need an inverter attached to the batteries to run it. Then you would have to be able to recharge the batteries enough for the next night. Most people that need medical equipment overnight tend to use a small quiet honda type genny with inverter/sine wave technology the only problem with that is being able to make the genny secure enough when wilding.
There is a system called 'efoy' fuel cell but i dont know much about it, other than it is quiet
Link Removed

Last edited:

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
No bill that's not geordie for a machine that don't work, that's spelt a "crap"
A CPAP machine deals with sleep/breathing problems

Attachments

• SystemOne_SubBanner.jpg
    SystemOne_SubBanner.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

g8ysn

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
ng219ep
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
g8ysn

:Sad:wife usess a cpap, when we are away generally use campsite elecrtric when at meets etc make sure fully charged from genny [solar] through day, should last 6/8 hours so long as cpap back up battey is in good condition [should be inspected every 3 months] ask hospital teck guy, 6/8 hrs should be long enough to supply /maintain oxygen level:thumb:hope all goes well

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
for those interested, CPAP, or continuous positive airway pressure, is a treatment that uses mild air pressure to keep the airways open. Often used for people with sleep apnea or other breathing difficulties whilst sleeping

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back