Covid testing entering Spain from France (1 Viewer)

Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hello folks, we’re due to enter France on the 11th June and as we are all fully vaccinated we will not need a Covid test to enter France. However, we were wondering if will need one to enter Spain. We will be going through the somport tunnel, so any advice greatly appreciated

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Your wrong ! Assuming France will allow travellers to enter their country from the UK in June you will need to produce evidence of a negative PCR test taken within 72 hrs of departure. I suggest you get up to speed with all of the French entry requirements before setting off. In time the Covid passport may be all that is required but this I fear is a long way down the track.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Well I hope you’re not correct on this, :( The rules change for France on the 9th June we have been advised by our ferry company, thanks for the heads up I shall keep myself updated. Have you any info regarding my question as regards to entering Spain as a fully vaccinated person, please?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Well I hope you’re not correct on this, :( The rules change for France on the 9th June we have been advised by our ferry company, thanks for the heads up I shall keep myself updated. Have you any info regarding my question as regards to entering Spain as a fully vaccinated person, please?
The future plan is to open to people outwith France from 9 June but depends obviously on data and my understanding a PCR test is needed 72 hours before

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Would you be so kind as to put this information from the ferry company on here for the benefit of other members please. I'm a bit gobsmacked to read this, as if this is truly the case it would be all over the news and on various threads on this forum and this is the first I have heard of this. I must be loosing the plot LOL. . As for entering Spain from France I would like to think they would be similar but as E.U. nation countries can impose there own entry/exit Covid requirements you would be best advised getting this information from the Spanish Government. Hopefully by the end of May we will all have more clarity on entry/exit procedures.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Thank you. Of course I understand that changes may happen due to new data etc. I was wondering if the Spanish at their border will require a pcr test for fully vaccinated U.K. people? As even if I get a Pcr test into France, it would make sense to go for the border whilst it was still valid.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi, it was a conversation over the phone to Condor ferries
You may want to ask them to confirm by email that you can enter France after 9th June without having to take a PCR test 72hrs before departure. I'm fairly certain you will not get said email. Also, the UK has yet to agree with the E.U. what form of Covid Passport will be acceptable to the E.U. Although talks are at an advanced stage and it looks like the NHS Digital App will be accepted by the E.U. this has yet to be agreed upon and I find it odd a ferry company can say only proof of vaccinations is needed. At least you time on your side before you cross. I would get back to Condor ferries and get some clarification. Entry requirements into France and Spain will not be determined by any ferry company and you need to get more accurate information about what you need to do. Try and get this from either the UK government web site of the E.U. web sites. if at all possible.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thank you. Of course I understand that changes may happen due to new data etc. I was wondering if the Spanish at their border will require a pcr test for fully vaccinated U.K. people? As even if I get a Pcr test into France, it would make sense to go for the border whilst it was still valid.
It is quite possible there will be no checks at all between E.U. national boarders because of the importance of Freedom of movement to E.U. Citizens. Checks for certain on all entry exit points of E.U. and Schengen area's. We will know soon enough I think.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Sorry to not have had more reliable info, we probably should just get the Covid test completed, they are so expensive where we live as they have to be sent off island and returned. Thank you again for your information.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Sorry to not have had more reliable info, we probably should just get the Covid test completed, they are so expensive where we live as they have to be sent off island and returned. Thank you again for your information.
LOL! Your in Jersey and not the UK! (you didn't say where you were departing from ). Anyway the entry/exit requirements for E.U. contrives might be different for Jersey and you still need to check everything is in place before departure.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Well funny enough, we have the dog sorted with the health fitness certificate, oh and the advice from our vet was if you take your dog to the EU more than twice a year than its cost effective to have a EU vet issue a EU passport.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
We’re still British with British passports so I believe we follow the same rules as everyone else. It will be an interesting summer watching this pan out, the biggest worry being a clampdown on the U.K. with this Indian variant. Safe travels everyone!

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
16 years since restarting
The link from Uk.gov PhilandMena posted says that a test is required entering from France by road.they accept anything including the lateral flow cheapies.
Until the digital certificate is available then entering from France by road yo need atest.
It is quite possible there will be no checks at all between E.U. national boarders because of the importance of Freedom of movement to E.U. Citizens. Checks for certain on all entry exit points of E.U. and Schengen area's. We will know soon enough I think.
unfortunately there are at Irun, Som-port etc;

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
The link from Uk.gov PhilandMena posted says that a test is required entering from France by road.they accept anything including the lateral flow cheapies.

Until the digital certificate is available then entering from France by road yo need atest.

unfortunately there are at Irun, Som-port etc;
Actually that is the situation now. As from May 20th spain does not require tests from Brits entering by air or sea but as you would be entering by road from France it might still remain the same? I'm struggling to find what is the correct answer?

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mayflower
Mar 12, 2016
Jersey JE37YN
Funster No
MH
Exp
Hi Gus, me too, I’ve trawled through the government websites and everything is relating to the current situation rather than what’s happening later in June. I was hoping that someone with their feet on the ground so to speak might be able able to report back. I’m more concerned about driving into Spain from the Spanish border as we tend to meander a bit through To the border. It will be a very fast drive from St Malo to somport if we have to utilise a Covid test from home. I wonder if anyone on here has been able to get a test on the French side before going through the tunnel?

Upvote 0
Aug 31, 2014
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Coach built
Exp
4th year
Well funny enough, we have the dog sorted with the health fitness certificate, oh and the advice from our vet was if you take your dog to the EU more than twice a year than its cost effective to have a EU vet issue a EU passport.

Ensure their dog, cat or ferret is microchipped.
  • Ensure that their dog, cat or ferret is vaccinated against rabies – pets must be at least 12 weeks old before they can be vaccinated.
  • Wait 21 days after the primary vaccination before travel
  • Dogs must be treated against tapeworm 24-120 hours before landing, if they are travelling to a tapeworm free country.
  • Visit their vet to get an animal health certificate (AHC) for their pet, no more than 10 days before travel to the EU.

Upvote 0

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Hi Gus, me too, I’ve trawled through the government websites and everything is relating to the current situation rather than what’s happening later in June. I was hoping that someone with their feet on the ground so to speak might be able able to report back. I’m more concerned about driving into Spain from the Spanish border as we tend to meander a bit through To the border. It will be a very fast drive from St Malo to somport if we have to utilise a Covid test from home. I wonder if anyone on here has been able to get a test on the French side before going through the tunnel?
Unfortunately given the situation I doubt you can get a definitive answer yet as there is a roadmap in place for here but depends on how infections progress etc . No one can be sure of what is ahead .

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Last week the government said they would accept this as one of the test requirements to be taken 72 hrs before departing the UK. Then it all went quiet and then they had to back tract for the simple reason there was no means for people to demonstrate they had taken the test regardless of results. They (Gov.) then backtracked and said it had to be PCR as test undertaken by lab and results confirmed by electronic means.

Upvote 0

138go

Free Member
Feb 26, 2016
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138
Exp
Since 2001
Nothing to do with Covid Mayflower but are you aware of the ruling concerning, taking dog food into the EU?

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
Last week the government said they would accept this as one of the test requirements to be taken 72 hrs before departing the UK. Then it all went quiet and then they had to back tract for the simple reason there was no means for people to demonstrate they had taken the test regardless of results. They (Gov.) then backtracked and said it had to be PCR as test undertaken by lab and results confirmed by electronic means.
We are talking about test to enter Spain from France by road¿

Upvote 0
Aug 18, 2014
Lorca,Murcia,Spain
Funster No
MH
Transit PVC
Exp
They (Gov.) then backtracked and said it had to be PCR as test undertaken by lab and results confirmed by electronic means.
No ,still the same.Any type of the 3 will do.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronav...for-people-travelling-to-england?step-by-step

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

• a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
All the funsters I know have used the lateral flow going back.

Upvote 0
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
No ,still the same.Any type of the 3 will do.https://www.gov.uk/guidance/coronav...for-people-travelling-to-england?step-by-step

The test must meet performance standards of ≥97% specificity, ≥80% sensitivity at viral loads above 100,000 copies/ml.

This could include tests such as:

• a nucleic acid test, including a polymerase chain reaction (PCR) test or derivative technologies, including loop-mediated isothermal amplification (LAMP) tests
  • an antigen test, such as a test from a lateral flow device
All the funsters I know have used the lateral flow going back.
I was referring to departure testing from the UK not into the UK.

Upvote 0
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Actually that is the situation now. As from May 20th spain does not require tests from Brits entering by air or sea but as you would be entering by road from France it might still remain the same? I'm struggling to find what is the correct answer?
I thought that was dependent on the UK putting Spain on the Green List?

Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It's actually better to get an EU one on your first trip as the cost is far less than an AHC.

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back