Covid test before returning to UK (1 Viewer)

Mar 13, 2020
Walney Island, Barrow-in-Furness, Cumbria, UK
Funster No
MH
Vantage Sol
Exp
I'm a newbie
We need to get a Covid test before returning to the UK from France but I can't find how to go about getting one. We are travelling back on a Monday so presume we would need to get a test on the Friday. Have tried Googleing it but I just seem to get results for testing in the UK, presume I must be wording it wrong. I am sure someone on here will be able to advise us.

Thanks in advance

Alan

Feb 11, 2017
Cumbria
Funster No
MH
Pilote P740FC
Exp
There are a number of threads on this and similar topics in past few days. To find a private provider in France, general advice seems to be to use the site www.sante.fr - lists providers by departement, but I think it’s pretty much all in French if that’s a problem. I think some of the providers are pharmacies, so may be open on Saturday, or even Sunday.

An alternative is to take a test with you from UK - a company called c19testing.co.uk send them to you, when you take the test you upload a photo of it on your phone along with a photo of your passport . Then you should get emailed a certificate which is said to meet entry requirements. Someone posted yesterday asking if anyone had used them, but so far no replies. Their TrustPilot reviews are good, though.

Of course this is of little value if you’re already in France.

Jan 19, 2020
Funster No
MH
DBM 7150
Exp
Since 2016
We've just popped into our local chemist, it's only 625 kms from Calais, we said we were travelling to the UK Monday, so we're booked in at 2.30pm Saturday for our test. Results, certificate within 30 minutes.

So if we're positive it's only 3 kms until we're home... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: Free for us 'frenchies' and it updates our Pass Sanitaire..

I think the price for 'foreigners' is going up to €250 from tonight to match what you pay in the UK:punch::punch:

Only joking;);)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back