Covid Pass for non EU Tourists, travelling from Scotland. (1 Viewer)

Jun 2, 2018
Beautiful North Wales border
Funster No
MH
Carado T449
Exp
Since 2015
Taken from the previous post.

"People in Wales cannot use the NHS app to get their NHS COVID Pass and vaccination status.

You can get your vaccination status in paper format if 2 weeks have passed since you completed a full course of the COVID-19 vaccine."

Looks like we'll have to make do with the paper document for the time being.

All works fine for those of us lucky enough to live West of the border, but via NHS website not the NHS app:

Post in thread 'Vaccination certificate'
https://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/threads/vaccination-certificate.246844/post-4639963

Nov 13, 2017
Pembrokeshire, Greece and everywhere in between
Funster No
MH
Bailey Approach 750
The same thing in Wales.
We've got paper document proof of 2 jabs but QR codes are not available via the Welsh NHS.
We downloaded and printed our QR codes (valid for 30 days) from nhs Wales website a couple of days ago.

I’m led to believe there is a NHS wales digital (QR) vavccine pass avaiable
yes but from the nhs website not an app as previously stated by Glas Robin

OP
OP
dosser
Jul 9, 2018
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
since 2016
Just completed the forms and emailed so we'll see how long it takes. Fairly straightforward although still took an hour or so to capture all the docs. Standard email reply through;
Dear Sir or Madam,

We inform you that we are currently receiving a very large number of requests.

We are doing our very best to process them. Please do not send your email again.

A negative result of an antigen test taken at a pharmacy, available all over France, grants the user a health pass that is valid for three days (72 hours).

Regards,
I received my pass within a day, my wife is stilling on hers,

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Brian1958

Free Member
Jan 20, 2020
Edinburgh
Funster No
MH
Hymer soon I hope
Exp
Just completed the forms and emailed so we'll see how long it takes. Fairly straightforward although still took an hour or so to capture all the docs. Standard email reply through;
Dear Sir or Madam,

We inform you that we are currently receiving a very large number of requests.

We are doing our very best to process them. Please do not send your email again.

A negative result of an antigen test taken at a pharmacy, available all over France, grants the user a health pass that is valid for three days (72 hours).

Regards,
Please let us know how long it takes. We are going to France on 28th of this month and have just emailed all docs as requested. we received the same automated response.
We like to enjoy a meal out and it appears we need the pass sanitaire.
Brian

Gilkville

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A Class
Please let us know how long it takes. We are going to France on 28th of this month and have just emailed all docs as requested. we received the same automated response.
We like to enjoy a meal out and it appears we need the pass sanitaire.
Brian
Will do. Hopefully through soon. We're heading over on the 31st so fingers crossed. I'm guessing campsites will accept the paper copy but eating out/museums/bars etc without a QR code likely to be a problem by all accounts.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
I started a new thread on the Scottish QR code due on Friday. Should work for the pass sanitaire.

Gilkville

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A Class
In SW France at the moment. All cafes we've been to in the last week have accepted the paper Scottish certif without QR code on it. All they've been interested in is seeing the date of the second vaccination . We've just downloaded the new Scottish version though ( code attached) and it scans no problem to the Tousanticovid app.

Gilkville

Free Member
Dec 29, 2020
Funster No
MH
Dethleffs A Class
I should add that we gave up waiting for the French govt to issue the code after submitting all the necessary paperwork a few weeks ago. They say they're snowed under.

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
In SW France at the moment. All cafes we've been to in the last week have accepted the paper Scottish certif without QR code on it. All they've been interested in is seeing the date of the second vaccination . We've just downloaded the new Scottish version though ( code attached) and it scans no problem to the Tousanticovid app.
Any problems with hospitality venues scanning the Scottish code?

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
I should add that we gave up waiting for the French govt to issue the code after submitting all the necessary paperwork a few weeks ago. They say they're snowed under.
Or even 'neiged sous' as we used to say to our then newly qualified French Mistress, just to noise her up ... :LOL:

Elaine and I downloaded our COVID Jag Certificates yesterday, so we are getting closer to the return to France ...

Steve

Feb 18, 2018
South Ayrshire
Funster No
MH
Globecar Campscout
Exp
Since 2018
Or even 'neiged sous' as we used to say to our then newly qualified French Mistress, just to noise her up ... :LOL:

Elaine and I downloaded our COVID Jag Certificates yesterday, so we are getting closer to the return to France ...

Steve
Take a look at the other thread too … the downloaded QR code seems not to be recognised by the French scanning app. Our MSP confirmed the app should be ready by the end of the month. We’ll make a decision then.

Sep 15, 2018
Funster No
MH
Self build
Exp
Since 2009
I downloaded the french anti covid app, then downloaded the new scottish vaccine letter with the QR codes
I scanned the scottish QR code onto the french app, and it confirmed my vaccination status. Will see on Friday if it is accepted

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
Take a look at the other thread too … the downloaded QR code seems not to be recognised by the French scanning app. Our MSP confirmed the app should be ready by the end of the month. We’ll make a decision then.
The french touscovid app accepted our QR code.(y)

marchie

Free Member
Mar 9, 2021
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Thanks. I have posted on the other thread. We're in no real rush; we have nothing booked, and will probably do nothing further while the Scottish Infection Rate is so high, and until the Code is working fully. Had enough grief over the last 18 months+ without adding conversations beginning 'Desolé, monsieur ...' to the list!

Steve

Jun 12, 2020
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Carthago 138 Compact
Exp
Since 2017
Scottish QR code scans as Invalide. No problems do far with paper certificate being accepted, which is just as well as its 28 degrees where we are in France and a cold beer in a bar is just the job!

gerry mcg

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 28, 2016
Glasgow, Scotland
Funster No
MH
Globecar 600L Revn
Exp
since 2016
I just received 4 emails in quick succession this morning from the 🇫🇷 digital covid certificate process that I applied for ages ago
*The 1st said my application was being reviewed,
* The second said my application was declined as my 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿💉(Pre QR) was valid in 🇫🇷 and 🇪🇺 (it wasn't valid in 🇫🇷 at time of application as it predated the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿QR.
* The third was recinding the refusal and reviewing the decision, and finally
* The fourth was issuing a 🇫🇷🇪🇺 vaccination certificate that is acceptable 🇪🇺 wide.

Interestingly, I was vaccinated in 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿, and when I load my 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 QR into 🇫🇷 TAC app, or shows "🇬🇧🇪🇺digital covid certificate" and vaccinated in UK
But I applied to 🇫🇷 under my 🇮🇪 passport and the 🇫🇷 issued digital covid certificate has 🇮🇪🇪🇺 digital covid certificate” and says vaccinated in 🇮🇪.

the 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 vaccination certificate IS NOT recognised by the 🇩🇪 app, but the 🇫🇷 issued 🇮🇪🇪🇺 QR code is, which backs up reports that the 🇬🇧/🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿 QR codes are not accepted 🇪🇺 wide at the moment

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2020
hartlepool
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
Hit the road in 2014
To be honest you don't really need anything other than proof of vaccines. I have just come back and used my card stating injections dates and type, my NHS QR code in paper form and the same one on my phone all were accepted. you will find that as long as you have something that indicates you have been vaccinated you will be ok.

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
You should have got the QR code on your second vaccination paper and is now available on Ameli.fr . Check out your account

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back