Covid LFT tests in France returning to UK. (1 Viewer)

glenn2926

Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
Hi All,

Does anyone know how we can get LF Tests done en route to the Eurotunnel? We stay in Neufachal-en Bray near Rouen (Aire).
Just wondered if Pharmacies do them?

Any help would be appreciated.
Stay Safe
Al.
They did when we returned in September. We just walked in had it done and received a text message of the results. It took about five minutes in the pharmacy and about twenty minutes having a beer whilst awaiting the text message. I seem to remember it was €20 each.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

brynric

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 5, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
Pilote G600
Exp
Again in September, we booked into a pharmacy in La Crotoy. We had to book for the next day but the results were on our phones before we left the pharmacy. I can’t remember the cost but it was less than the day 2 PCR test.

Oct 26, 2013
Reading
Funster No
MH
Globecar PVC
Exp
Since 2012
This new requirement to perform a LFT test in France before returning to the UK now throws up a schengen 90/180 issue for us. The scenario is where either my wife or myself test positive mid way or from the said LFT test in France. At the end of our planned return date from France, we only have 6 days buffer on our 90/180 as we spent half of the 90 in Spain earlier in the year. If one of us tested positive nearer the end of our France trip, then there is a strong possibility we will not be able to re enter the UK as we won't be able to show a negative LFT, resulting in a 90/180 overstay. The reasons of over stay would be due to Covid so I assume that the French authorities would take this into consideration and grant an extension. I am trying to find out how I would go about applying for an extension from France in the event this scenario played out. Has anyone considered this scenario yet and if so what are the options available?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back