LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
Woke up with high temp this morning (I always have a cough) so checked what I was supposed to do and it was call 111 urgently. I phoned 111 and was told there was a 45 minute queue and not to hang up - then there was a recorded message telling me to go online and the call terminated. It's taken me over 10 minutes to arrange a home test which will probably come on Monday (today being Saturday).

I have made a list of all the people I have seen in the last week it's a very small list (4 people in total and all except Martin for a very short time, outside and at a distance) .... except I had to go to the pharmacy and nipped into a supermarket for odds and ends on Tuesday so if I do test positive those are the prime suspects for infection source.

It's probably just the start of a cold or similar but better safe than sorry.

Northernraider

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 30, 2017
On the sofa ....
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta eurayacht
Exp
On and off since 95
Woke up with high temp this morning (I always have a cough) so checked what I was supposed to do and it was call 111 urgently. I phoned 111 and was told there was a 45 minute queue and not to hang up - then there was a recorded message telling me to go online and the call terminated. It's taken me over 10 minutes to arrange a home test which will probably come on Monday (today being Saturday).

I have made a list of all the people I have seen in the last week it's a very small list (4 people in total and all except Martin for a very short time, outside and at a distance) .... except I had to go to the pharmacy and nipped into a supermarket for odds and ends on Tuesday so if I do test positive those are the prime suspects for infection source.

Good luck and hopefully all is well

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011

What about smell and taste?

Good luck anyway

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Eggs

Free Member
Jan 3, 2018
Suffolk
Funster No
One of my brothers went sickly last weekend he got tested, negative. Seems he's rough with 'normal' flu like symptoms.

Feb 5, 2014
mid-Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
since 2006
My son works in a school and is in charge of various things including CV test kits :smiley: .
He "loaned" himself one of the 6 that they were sent and replaced it when his "home" test arrived.

IF you are worried about waiting then it might be worth contacting your local schools (doubtlessly closed until Monday BUT they may enable you to get your swabs in the post early)?

Gordon

PS His took just under 3 days to come back.

Puddleduck

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 15, 2014
Scottish Borders
Funster No
MH
Without at present
Exp
On and off for many years.
My son works in a school and is in charge of various things including CV test kits :smiley: .
He "loaned" himself one of the 6 that they were sent and replaced it when his "home" test arrived.

IF you are worried about waiting then it might be worth contacting your local schools (doubtlessly closed until Monday BUT they may enable you to get your swabs in the post early)?

Gordon

PS His took just under 3 days to come back.

I'm not sure if our schools (Scotland) have test kits ...... the primary school (4 miles away) has very few pupils so likely only one kit if they do have one. The kit is coming via Amazon via Royal Mail and I have already had two reminders to say they have not yet received the completed kit back. The track and trace number I have been given for delivery doesn't work so it might not even be in the system yet. The test has to be done within 5 days of symptom onset so first day would be Friday therefore if the kit doesn't come by Tuesday it can't be done anyway :( They have given me a premium rate number to call in case of any issues which is good of them ..... it's a freephone number for England, Wales and NI.

PrettyandFluffy

Free Member
May 17, 2019
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Pilote G730
Exp
About 5 years
I'm not aware that the Foreign Office has advised people in Portugal not to go the supermarket,

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back