Covers. Help. Need advice for Farthers Day. (1 Viewer)

RibTickler

Free Member
May 31, 2010
Funster No
My dad wants a cover for his Dethleff T 6571. Where he stores his MH, it gets very dirty

I have looked around the web and know I need a breathable multi layer cover.

Pro-Tec are just to expensive £500.

Any idea on any other good covers?

What about Kampa

Link Removed

or Maypole

Link Removed

or are the better ones around £150 mark?

Any help would be greatful.

AdgeRas

Free Member
Sep 17, 2009
Bristol
Funster No
Exp
Hi there

Either of those you sent links to are OK. I spent a fair amount of time looking at covers and I was not convinced that the more expensive ones offered much improvement. Breathable material is important in my mind as it allows the MH not get damp inside.

It is far more important to make sure you get the right size cover, as too small and well thats obvious, but too big and you can have problems with the wind tugging the cover off if it is not tied down tightly.

Finally, I must say that being a Dad myself, I think your Dad is a lucky guy. The best I get for Fathers day is a pair of novelty socks or giant mug with "Worlds Best Dad" written on it.:Sad:

Hahaha I should not complain, I know I have their love and thats what matters.

Adge

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
i have one of these....Link Removed...

not bad for the price but there is some rubbing on the cover where the tie-down straps sit against the fabric.

no rubbing or damage on the van body itself though.

obviously you will need to protect any sharp edges with foam or similar to prevent these tearing through the fabric, but this applies to all of them.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
be carefull

I had a "pro tec" cover for my caravan a few years back,

1st Time I used I overtightened the under van strap and split the fdabric near the buckle,

After about 2 years I was taking it off for spring and the ploes that are used to lift it off went through the top seem, causing a 2 foot split

There "WAS" evedence of window rub, dispite fitting it tightly, also some rubing on the end top curve of the roof pannels, If I was to buy again I would get just a roof cover not a full roof and sides.

perhaps I was unlucky/heavy handed

just my 2p worth

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back