Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
Country and Western...?

COUNTRY AND WESTERN...?

OMG.

I am going for a lie down with a cool, damp flannel on my forehead...

JJ :cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Dec 4, 2012
leicester
Funster No
MH
swift kontiki and vw cam
Exp
15yrs
I like country and western music !!
Not so keen on the re enactments at the big shows so will be watching this thread for alternatives.

OP
OP
WellWornTraveller
Jul 30, 2017
Romney Marsh (St Mary's Bay)
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Since 2008
I have got an idea...

Attend a medium to large sized meet...

...start playing some Country and Western dirge...

Before you know it, it will have become a small meet. ;)

JJ :cool:

One mans meat and all that. I also like rock and roll, classical, and especially The Bands of The Royal Marines.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs
If you are into line dancing then Millport has an annual event every September.

There is a few funsters that go but it’s not an organised fun rally.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
The Welshpool show in July is organised by The Heulwen Trust. We've been for the last 3 years with RVOC as we had an RV but you can book independently and direct with the organisers. It's a great show and definitely would recommend. 10 mins walk into the town, canal boat trips and live music all day. Good value for money.
Here's the link https://www.countrywestern.org.uk/

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
The Welshpool show in July is organised by The Heulwen Trust. We've been for the last 3 years with RVOC as we had an RV but you can book independently and direct with the organisers. It's a great show and definitely would recommend. 10 mins walk into the town, canal boat trips and live music all day. Good value for money.
Here's the link https://www.countrywestern.org.uk/
Quite fancy going to this next year x

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
When we have got some miles on our new MH and had some experience of Funster Rallies etc, then I might try and arrange a Hoe Down Rally in Devon as we attended a great one last year, with a great band, line dancing, and cowboy/girl dress up competition, as can be seen in our avatar.
Will need some support from marshalls etc, and a large tent if someone has one to hire out
We can then arrange coach trips to Eden Project, Sunday carvery lunch at local pub, and quiz nights etc. It will be a Farm Field situation with lovely views, very quiet secure location with loads of wild life, fresh water and chemical dump, but no EHU.
How many of you would be interested I wonder??? the last one was limited to 25 vans for 7 nights, but might be more space available if we dont make a nuisance of ourselves :) will need to see how many are interested before having a word with the farmer on timing and costs etc.

Dec 20, 2010
birmingham
Funster No
MH
kon-tiki 669. mazda bongo
Exp
since2011
When we have got some miles on our new MH and had some experience of Funster Rallies etc, then I might try and arrange a Hoe Down Rally in Devon as we attended a great one last year, with a great band, line dancing, and cowboy/girl dress up competition, as can be seen in our avatar.
Will need some support from marshalls etc, and a large tent if someone has one to hire out
We can then arrange coach trips to Eden Project, Sunday carvery lunch at local pub, and quiz nights etc. It will be a Farm Field situation with lovely views, very quiet secure location with loads of wild life, fresh water and chemical dump, but no EHU.
How many of you would be interested I wonder??? the last one was limited to 25 vans for 7 nights, but might be more space available if we dont make a nuisance of ourselves :) will need to see how many are interested before having a word with the farmer on timing and costs etc.
Sounds good. More info about dates.

irnbru

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 27, 2013
Glasgow
Funster No
MH
Benimar 264
Exp
11 yrs

You would be better to start your own rally chat thread . Sounds fun.

Millport where?

It’s on the Isle Of Cumbrae in Scotland.

Allan & Loren

Free Member
Dec 8, 2014
Leyland, Lancashire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Dakota
Exp
Since 2014
Quite fancy going to this next year x
It is good. Amanda would love the costumes and atmosphere. Everyone who camps gets a free trip on the canal boat run by Heulwen Trust which is fully accessible for everyone as it is built to take disabled passengers. For a small show there is a lot going on. We always make a picnic and cop a squat on the grass around the stage on the Saturday and stay to enjoy all day. It starts with a fabulous opening ceremony with the Indians and confederates coming down the hill whooping; wailing and gun slinging to a traditional song that everyone joins in with. We've been lucky with fabulbus weather for the past 3 years.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Sound good. Start a rally planning thread. I'm sure you would fill 25 places. We would be interested.
Regards Kate

Aug 18, 2017
Antequera, Spain
Funster No
MH
Adria Coral 680 SP
Exp
5 years and still learning
Whispers quietly so folks don't think I'm insane ...... I have 18,000 Country and western songs on my laptop. So if ya want music I can DJ "live" at events.
To show I'm not completely nuts, I also have 22,000 songs from the 50's thru early 80's :D

Sep 18, 2010
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Benimar 486 tessoro
Exp
2010?
Devon? Did you say Devon ? Yippee we’re on the map, yes brilliant I will go and then hopefully I can put a face to some of the regular names on here with strong opinions:gum::drinks:

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Dorset DA of the C&CC run a country and western weekend each year at sixpenny handley

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
Sixpenny Handley or Handley is a village and civil parish in north east Dorset, England, situated on Cranborne Chase ten miles north east of Blandford Forum. In the 2011 census the parish had a population of 1,233.Wikipedia

Janine

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
A little bit left of Middle England
Funster No
MH
2006 A/S Nuevo
Exp
since 1988
Everyone who camps gets a free trip on the canal boat run by Heulwen Trust which is fully accessible for everyone as it is built to take disabled passengers.

...and if you're really lucky, there's a very lively ukulele band serenading the passengers :)

Two things to look out for - there is a lot of sheep poo so take a shovel plus someone on the field may ply you with moonshine and it does get messy quite quickly! :)

tonyandcarol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 1, 2016
Spilsby Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Niesman bischoff Fla
Exp
since 2005
Kings Lyne counrty and music festival at pentney counrty and western club.i went this year in end may it was fantastic. large rally field at back of club.

Apr 29, 2014
Warwickshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Chieftain
Exp
Since 2004
Dorset DA at six penny Hanley is no longer running but excellent c/w the week before Malvern is run by the Reddich Westerners on Stratford racecourse top acts loads of stalls food and beer tents 15 min walk into town on for five days £70 all in

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back