Countdown (1 Viewer)

Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Is that so it's on the new registration? If it's built get it on the road. You don't buy something for the next owner so don't worry about the plate.

Otherwise have fun planning your first trip over the next 8 weeks.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Is that so it's on the new registration? If it's built get it on the road. You don't buy something for the next owner so don't worry about the plate.

No, It's because I'm in Thailand, I spend the winter here, and I've changed my flight to come back early to pick it up.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017

I also ordered mine for a 2017 reg. Not I might add for any subsequent owner but because a) I probably wouldn't use it in Jan/Feb b) I wanted a nice shiny new reg and c) in the vain hope that it might be worth more in 10 years time as a 2017 rather than 2016.

I haven't got a precise date yet though as it's still 'in the pipeline' :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
I also ordered mine for a 2017 reg. Not I might add for any subsequent owner but because a) I probably wouldn't use it in Jan/Feb b) I wanted a nice shiny new reg and c) in the vain hope that it might be worth more in 10 years time as a 2017 rather than 2016.

I haven't got a precise date yet though as it's still 'in the pipeline' :rolleyes:
so you'll be looking to join the Countdown, best of luck.
Mickey.

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
b) I wanted a nice shiny new reg and c) in the vain hope that it might be worth more in 10 years time as a 2017 rather than 2016.

I bought a brand new shiny Ford Mustang 5.0 this year (last year now) and it went straight on my private plate. No one saw the new reg but I suppose they had only been out a few months when I got it anyway.

I traded it in for the Motorhome 6 months later (y)

Use your toys as soon as you can. You never know when they won't be there or your not able to.

Upvote 0

DanielFord

Free Member
Jun 1, 2013
Funster No
So @davidathomas42 I assume you've downloaded the owners manual, and have been reading it every night, and after you've finished, picking up the brochure, and reading that? :D

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
So @davidathomas42 I assume you've downloaded the owners manual, and have been reading it every night, and after you've finished, picking up the brochure, and reading that? :D

I read the owners manual(s) over a couple of nights once the little girl and missis was in bed in the Motorhome.

I then read any other literature that was laying around. The pilot in me insists on reading operating handbooks to better understand the systems.

Thankfully they are a lot smaller than a 737's ;)

Upvote 0
Dec 23, 2015
Audenshaw
Funster No
MH
Pilote Pacific P650GJ
Exp
Over 6000 miles between 3 March to 26 September 2017.
Can I join in please? Picking up our Pilote Pacific P650JG on 3rd March, been on order since early September. Hayes will have it in this month and are installing extra leisure battery and solar panel for us, but we wanted to wait for the new reg. It's a bit of snobbery on our part, after always having 'old banger' cars, in 2015 we bought a brand new car and now we will also have a brand new motorhome as well as a two year old car! I feel we've arrived lol. (No money though ).

Upvote 0
Nov 3, 2016
Derbyshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph
Exp
Since 2016
Can I join in please? Picking up our Pilote Pacific P650JG on 3rd March, we will also have a brand new motorhome as well as a two year old car! I feel we've arrived lol. (No money though ).

If you register it today it will still be brand new ;)

Your toy though your choice.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Mickey1
Nov 23, 2015
Newmarket,Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Benimar294
Exp
Can I join in please? Picking up our Pilote Pacific P650JG on 3rd March, been on order since early September. Hayes will have it in this month and are installing extra leisure battery and solar panel for us, but we wanted to wait for the new reg. It's a bit of snobbery on our part, after always having 'old banger' cars, in 2015 we bought a brand new car and now we will also have a brand new motorhome as well as a two year old car! I feel we've arrived lol. (No money though ).
Only one day between our pickup, Good luck.
Mickey.

Upvote 0

cornish boy

Free Member
Jul 24, 2016
Body in Hampshire, heart in Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon Tiki 669.
Exp
not so newbie anymore - since 2016
If you register it today it will still be brand new ;)

Your toy though your choice.

I agree, but each to their own. (y)

We waited 10 days for ours as we managed to buy a new stock Motorhome from our local dealer.
it was a strange 10 day wait as we collected it on my 50th birthday. One half of me couldnt wait to get it, the other half wanted to remain 49 for a bit longer! :)

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Wish I had a delivery date ... it would make counting the days SO much easier :blusher:::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Linky

Free Member
Jan 6, 2017
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Don't own yet
Exp
Hello everyone! We are a family of four planning a five month trip in a motorhome, starting this April. The kids are in primary school and will miss one term. On balance, we think any disruption will be inconsequential compared to a few months of family time, an outdoor life, new languages, food, people etc. They are finding school stressful and overwhelming at times, and we long to let them run free and be (sort of) masters of their own destiny, even for a few weeks! Anyway, we've been looking at new or newish Autotrail Apache, or maybe a Dethleffs A class. We are complete newbies and are visiting the dealership nearby to talk through the options. And I have so many questions for the more experienced motorhomers! 1st:, we'd to do a bit of wild camping where possible, or at least farm stays etc. I don't want to be looking over my shoulder all the time or irritating locals, though. Apart from general courtesy and commonsense, are there any maps, guides etc we can buy to help us? 2nd: guides, maps, resources, cards for campsites - hit list to go for? 3rd: We really want something that won't get stuck on narrow roads, etc, easy to handle. Recommendations on make/model? 4th: this is a biggie so may need to look at other topics, but itinerary: We need to be in Lazio, near Rome for a family get together on 15th August. We also want to visit friends and family in Holland, Denmark, Sweden & Norway. I think April will be to chilly in Scandi, so was thijnking of ferrying down to Santander, spending some time in Northern Portugal, then meandering up to Holland and on to Denmark, Sweden and Norway - where I think we will spend a good chunk of time. The slowly down to Italy, our last stop before home. Is this too much in too little time? Thinking maybe skipping Portugal/Spain in April/May but need to make use of our time off - and don't want to be frozen in Norway! ANY suggestions on any of the above welcome - sorry for the splurge.

Upvote 0
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
@Linky Linky, I would start a new thread of my own if I were you, as this one might not be read by most members. It's a very specific one : members waiting for the very exciting "pick up van" day!
Go to "Introduce yourself" forum , copy paste this post and give it a new start!
Oh and also if you want a full access to all the forums of the site , you have to become a member by subscribing (upper tool bar, click on Subscribe). You'll be helped by everyone, not only here on the forum but also when en route if any prob!

Amicalement

Frankie:);)

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
Adria twin 600 sp gb.........................

We went to Perth to look at one of those (and a Vantana) in the early days of our search. We were very impressed with the build and finish of the one we looked at and it felt open and roomy too.

Upvote 0

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
We went to Perth to look at one of those (and a Vantana) in the early days of our search. We were very impressed with the build and finish of the one we looked at and it felt open and roomy too.

yes, we looked at hobby's, mototrek, and autosleeper etc, the build quality, fit and finish swayed the decision, we ordered at the nec show in oct, considering i said we wouldnt buy new, or a fiat based vehicle..................:rolleyes: now we cant wait:eek:
what are you guys getting?

Upvote 0

Vanman

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 12, 2016
Runcorn
Funster No
MH
Roadscout R PVC
Exp
March 2017
yes, we looked at hobby's, mototrek, and autosleeper etc, the build quality, fit and finish swayed the decision, we ordered at the nec show in oct, considering i said we wouldnt buy new, or a fiat based vehicle..................:rolleyes: now we cant wait:eek:
what are you guys getting?

We ordered at the NEC too. We decided that we couldn't fit a 6m on the drive so had to go for 5.4m in the end and we're getting a Globecar Roadscout R.

roadscout_zpsgnc1fxxh.jpg

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
We ordered in early December and had the option of getting it this month, but opted for Feb when we've got more time to tinker with it and set it up. Couldn't see much point in it sitting for a month on a freezing storage site after delivery with the batteries going flat. Can't say I'm bothered about the registration date, so didn't want to leave it until March in case there was a delay that rolled over into April when the new VED (tax) regime comes in. After then any new vehicle with a stated CO2 emission level on its V5C could be subject to some hefty payments. Whilst it's not standard practice in the industry to state CO2 levels I didn't want to take the chance.

The main inconvenience for us is the boxes of gear from our old MH just hanging around in the garage, sheds etc waiting to be sorted and repacked. We'll cope.

ANY suggestions on any of the above welcome - sorry for the splurge.

I'd suggest you go to http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/ and start a completely new thread with a title matching the exact nature of your query, and maybe take a look in the geographically-titled threads in http://www.motorhomefun.co.uk/forum/forums/continental-touring.130/

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back