Council tax for Motorhome on Drive!!!! (1 Viewer)

Emmit

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 14, 2009
Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Pilote Explorateur
Exp
Jan.2014
I've just read this to Mrs. Emmit and she's fallen for it hook , line and sinker.
I don't know how I kept my face straight.

Update, Either Jim or me are now dead. Don't come to Cornwall Jim. She loves a two for one deal.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
Where's those blood pressure tablets when I need them :LOL:

Jan 26, 2017
Mid Suffolk.
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Inca
Exp
Eight Years and 28,000 Miles.
Got sent this satellite pic and an invoice for £50... :oops:
Moho.jpg

Sep 19, 2016
romford
Funster No
MH
rollerteam 259p
Exp
owned vw in 90's just purchased rollerteam
Fisher you fffing idiot, how do you let yourself even start to believe this nonsense, I'm going to write to government suggesting this as a possible tax revenue, giving Jim all the credit of course.

Sep 16, 2013
Horncastle, UK
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
Since 2006
Well done Jim :)

I woke up this morning feeling lousy (just a bug, no Covid symptoms), so I'm going to blame not being as quick as I may usually be on that.

But I fell for it for a minute - then remembered the date. Very well done :)

Bubblyboy

Free Member
Aug 5, 2017
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Elddis Majestic 285
Exp
Since August 2017
Blimey!!! I nearly had a heart attack, I was well "April Fooled!!!" lol

Scotsblood

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 2, 2017
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis 194
Exp
Since 2017
Thanks Jim, have had a most amusing online conversation windup with a friend all morning prompted by this!
Managed to get another friend to play along with equal supposed indignation and he went even farther by suggesting he had found you 'avoid' the tax if you are able to prove the vehicle is for business. The condition for business exemption only applies if you have or erect a 6 foot chainlink fence around the storage area and have Health & Safety notices posted on the gate. He managed to run with the windup for another whole hour on the basis he has recently had an application for a fenced business compound turned down by local planning authority (that last bits actually true!) and is fuming!!

Brilliant job Jim, has eased the working from home day significantly!

Oct 15, 2012
Market Harborough
Funster No
MH
C Class Laika Ecovip 7R
Exp
We’ve seen advance notice of plans where an increase Council tax is proposed for anyone who has a motorhome parked on their drive. Bizarrely only motorhomes are mentioned and it looks like caravans will escape this new stealth tax.

We knew they were going to have to claw money back somehow and the Government in its wisdom is going to include motorhomes as an annexe to the property which could add around £35/45 a month to the average council tax bill.

I've been told this tax will be automatically applied via calculations made from the Motor Insurers Database. When you tell your insurer that the motorhome is stored on your drive, somehow this will automatically link up with central council tax records. So if you tell them you keep it on your drive you might want to reconsider.

As I understand it. We will be able to obtain partial refunds but only if the motorhome is parked away from home for longer than 30 continuous days.
Frankly, this is ridiculous. The big motorhome clubs received the same letters about this tax as us but as yet have not gone public. All the clubs should band together to fight this, but as yet I can’t get them to even comment.

I know there are more important things happening right now but It is imperative that we get the ball rolling quickly, we can’t just leave this to the big clubs as they will likely just rollover to the demand

To this end I have started a petition and would encourage all motorhome owners to sign it ASAP Many thanks Stop The Motorhome Council Tax
well done Sir Jim. Remember the date

SuperMike

Free Member
Apr 28, 2010
St Albans
Funster No
MH
Winnebago Sightseer
Exp
11yrs, but many years a tugger.
Well, it did not catch me out. Did not even come close. I saw straight through that, ‘cos I is SuperCleverSuperMike. :gum:

Bailey58

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 23, 2010
Norfolk and Toftir.
Funster No
MH
Sold
Exp
July 2010 (ex tugger)
Well my two neighbours have both fallen for it, one with a motorhome, the other a van conversion. He's just had a high top added and revamping it for the fourth time. He's now rushing to finish the job to get it sold.

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Nice one Jim. Got me, i was feeling smug that the van is on residential car park, cos i don't have a drive.

Jul 3, 2008
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Apache 700
Exp
since 1998
Just finished building a 12foot high front garden wall to hide my van from council snoopers?

Apr 30, 2018
Mid Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Adria Matrix 670DC
Exp
Motorhoming since 2018.
The best one yet Jim. Almost blew a gasket, even the wife was taken in, "Where can we park it" £35 a month that's taking the P*ss. Then I signed the petition!!

Brilliant

skylinersi

Free Member
Nov 9, 2016
midlands
Funster No
MH
Van conversion
Exp
got me, although i was sceptical, i still clicked it.............:blush:

Oct 26, 2016
kent
Funster No
MH
Burstner Elegance 810G
Exp
since 2003
How can the council tax motorhomes on drives and state that they are classed as annexes when they are not fixed to your property,we pay enough in road tax so we are now going to be taxed twice.
is this an april fools joke??

Apr 17, 2017
Ferring
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Cheyenne 840
Exp
Since 2017
Well I fell for it, even said to my wife “ right that’s it I’m putting it in the back garden “
:reel:Well done Jim ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Oct 27, 2017
Perth
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Since 2014
I think Jim is suffering from Old Age. Isn't this the rent a room thing where you get a tax rebate for offering an unused room?

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back