Could you recommend a good dash cam? (1 Viewer)

Fireflies

Free Member
Jun 18, 2016
On the road
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012
Fitted a Nextbase 412GW last summer and it does the job nicely. Fix and forget really once its set up.
Ours is mounted upside down on the dash centrally on the Fiat clipboard section due to the Remis blinds not shutting fully if mounted traditionally on the screen.
The enclosed adhesive mount is still rock solid and the 1440p High Definition picture/video playback is quite clear. For the price its probably all you'll ever need for accident liability proving as registration plates show clearly even at night.
The drawback we've found is that the vibration from this section of the dash causes the video to 'bob up and down' which whilst quite annoying on playback for the viewer, actualy makes no difference on 'freezeframe' during the video as the in built stabilizer does its job and produces clear images
After several years of touring Europe and witnessing many 'near misses' we felt it was time for some peace of mind up front.
A good product that does the job well...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 19, 2014
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Fleurette Migrateur
Exp
I have a Nextbase 402G I have no complaints found it simply to download and the pictures very clear.
Regards whiskeymac

Apr 10, 2010
Bedfordshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since Sept 2003
A couple of months ago I did a little research on dash-cams by watching the driving/crashes videos on youtube. Based on the quality of the images (day and night) and the date/time, speed and location information displayed, I arrived at this list:

BlackVue DR650S, DR500GW, DR 650GW
NextBase NBDVR312GW, NBDVR512G, NBDVR402G
Transcend DP200.

Of these, I thought the NextBase NBDVR312GW was the best. Obviously this is not a thorough survey, and I haven't done any assessment of price, mounting, ease of use, etc. but I hope this helps.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 5, 2013
Tunbridge Wells, Tunbridge Wells, UK
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2013
A couple of months ago I did a little research on dash-cams by watching the driving/crashes videos on youtube. Based on the quality of the images (day and night) and the date/time, speed and location information displayed, I arrived at this list:

BlackVue DR650S, DR500GW, DR 650GW
NextBase NBDVR312GW, NBDVR512G, NBDVR402G
Transcend DP200.

Of these, I thought the NextBase NBDVR312GW was the best. Obviously this is not a thorough survey, and I haven't done any assessment of price, mounting, ease of use, etc. but I hope this helps.
It may not be thorough but you have ended up with the same conclusion that Which have with their thorough testing. They decided the Nextbase 312GW was best. I also like the idea of being able to download the videos to your phone using wifi. Not tried it yet with mine.

Lenny HB

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 18, 2007
On the coast in West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678 DL
Exp
Since 2008 & many years tugging
I also like the idea of being able to download the videos to your phone using wifi. Not tried it yet with mine.
That's what I thought until I tried it, takes ages and saves them in a strange format, far easier to pop the sd card in the PC.

First motorhome

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 22, 2013
North East England
Funster No
MH
Looking to buy
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hello there,

Just been on CCC (05/04/18) web site and purchased a dash cam using the promo code ccclub20 saving 20%.

Thanks for the heads up, what a great site this is!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back