Could we take our Grandchildren to Spain? (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Manchester UK + Javea/Xabia Spain + Abu Dhabi
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
Not sure but you will all have to isolate for 2 weeks on return to uk kids included, can they afford the time off school.
`Yes, I was just checking that. I thought under 16's were exempt. Seems its on 4 years and under that don't and over 5 that will have to pay for tests.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Tanya_and_Mick

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 12, 2015
Quesada, Spain
Funster No
MH
Globecar 640DK
Exp
We are sat at the tunnel waiting to board to the UK,

PCR test in Spain (local farmacia 98 euros each) UK testing by Eurofins for PL form / quarantine £99 each

I hope that helps…

Mar 2, 2021
UK & Europe
Funster No
MH
Swift Kontiki 669
Exp
Since 2017
We returned from Spain last week and did not need a PCR test to return to the UK, an antigen test will do. Paid 40 euros each and had them done at Euro Clinic, opposite Mas y Mas supermarket, in the El Arenal area of Jávea. You have to make an appointment in advance, results within 10 mins.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your time there.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We returned from Spain last week and did not need a PCR test to return to the UK, an antigen test will do. Paid 40 euros each and had them done at Euro Clinic, opposite Mas y Mas supermarket, in the El Arenal area of Jávea. You have to make an appointment in advance, results within 10 mins.

Hope this helps. Enjoy your time there.
Thanks. Someone else just recommended that too.

May 23, 2013
Not on the Coast East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer B504
Exp
Since 2013
If you have not travelled abroad before with the Grand kids sans parents make sure you have written authorisation from both parents to remove them from the UK.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
If you have not travelled abroad before with the Grand kids sans parents make sure you have written authorisation from both parents to remove them from the UK.
Hi,

Yes thanks. They come away with us a lot, without their parents.

They currently part live with us. We were supposed to be looking after the children during school holidays, whilst their parents are at work.

But as I have mentioned on here a few times, we really need to get over to our house and complete legal matters with Lawyers and the Town hall.

I am just wondering, Spain being on the Amber list. If we turn up at the port with Children, the authorities may judge taking our Grandchildren as not essential.

OP
OP
EuroTrotters
Jul 18, 2009
Funster No
MH
HYMER B644
Exp
We have made the decision to make alternative arrangements and not take them.

Based on many reasons. Dealing with UK border force and the cost implication (test costs for over 4 year olds) , being the main two.

Im sure there are many on here shrieking at the thought of us taking them for COVID travel reasons.

But they would be safer travelling in our car, own cabin and at our house in Spain. Over being in classrooms or on an airplane to Portugal!.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back