Could this be a neat run around to explore local area's (1 Viewer)

OP
OP
Coolcats

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
Hmmmmmmm
Having read the specs that a bit like saying a lolly stick is a reasonable alternative to a food blender !
Yes... it WILL do the job

Eventually !!!!!!!!!!!
Absolutely agree but its good to be different sometimes (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
Love it, I always think solar panels should be on electric cars. $30k for the 400 mile version isn't too expensive either. 16 (40 on more expensive version) miles a day going into the battery would mean we'd rarely need to charge it.

Last edited:
Feb 16, 2013
uttoxeter
Funster No
MH
ambulance conversion
Exp
50 years
Hmmmmmmm
Having read the specs that's a bit like saying a lolly stick is a reasonable alternative to a food blender !
Yes... it WILL do the job

Eventually !!!!!!!!!!!
It says it does 100 mph 0 to 60 3.5 secs am I reading the correct specs

68c

Oct 22, 2019
Southampton
Funster No
MH
2001 Pilote 270
Exp
Since 2004
They will probably sell a bunch to people making SciFi movies. Remember that horrible brown car Straker drives in the UFO TV series. Dave Lee Travis bought it from the film company, years later it fell into disrepair. Some guy made a mould of it I believe to make a replica......why?

Oct 29, 2016
Surrey
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
Motor Homing 5 years, caravan previously
Interesting Spec & Build design on this vehicle.(y)
BUT, how would it pass the safety legislation with the current front end design?, That would saw your legs of at the knees if it ran into you, not safe enough for pedestrian impact surely? I know that any car hitting a pedestrian will cause trauma, but most current designs are built to deflect:unsure:
Sorry to sound like a boring old fart, I love technological breakthroughs, but most vehicle designs are curbed by H&S issues.
LES

OP
OP
Coolcats

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
It's got a wheel missing, that puts me off, can't see the front wheel & pods surviving very long. The concept is good just need to make it into a proper car.
Here we go, a nice Morgen for you 😉

Morgan_3-Wheeler,_front_left_(Amagansett).jpg

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
The seat and steering are the wrong way round.
Reliant Owners Club.
I was thinking more of a 3-wheeled hard top Berkley. :giggle:

Jan 19, 2014
Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Elddis Accordo 105
Exp
since 2014
It's next generation, most electric cars are just converted steel petrol cars and range is poor, current battery technology isn't up with requirements for them.

I'm sure they can make one a bit more brick like to please the traditionalists without adding too much drag 😆

Shrimp

Funster
May 27, 2015
Bedfordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B584
Exp
Long time
Here‘s our Tizunt, we built it in a frame tent in the garden just after we married quite a few years ago.
We had no end of fun with it as it was a kit car so we didn’t have to worry about it. We went up to Scotland and to France, the French were fascinated with it as it is based on a 2CV!
we named it Tizunt cos people would say ‘ooh, a Morgan’ we would say noi-tisn’t!
ED3C3C48-6958-4592-882F-875AD1C39165.jpeg

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I wonder if they will manage to make it this time round. Original company went bust if memory serves.

Kannon Fodda

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2019
Seek and Ye May Find
Funster No
MH
Autotrail V-line 540
Exp
I Make Schoolboy Errors!
Great idea and at least they are trying to make it look different and futuristic. Not sure I'd want to be doing 100mph on three wheels, but as a local runaround it would be quite attractive. How much is 25 cu ft of stowage in real terms?

A few issues for UK. Doubt the shape would meet safety needs for pedestrians as suggested above. Also the claimed "never charge" might be fine in California, nice and sunny but UK cloudy climate and it will struggle.

Sep 16, 2010
Bungay Suffolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail TrackerEKS
Exp
Since 2010
I love technology and this rips up the normal “ give us yer money” overpriced lecky jobs unless you pay a LOT.
Schemes like this roll back the rules to the original excitement we felt at the advent of
lecky cars... Cheap, ecologically sound,
Interesting and efficient transport.
We now hear of black men/ boys dying due to poisoning, while digging up the basic ingredients to make car batteries !!
Hydrogen seems expensive to strip off, until they scale it up, IS basically
Ecological.
So I hope these guys wedge their feet into
the door that the Big Boys have Hi-jacked.
That’s it... I will shut up now. 😉
Mitch

OP
OP
Coolcats

Coolcats

LIFE MEMBER
Jan 24, 2019
Funster No
MH
HymerCar Ayres Rock
I wonder if they will manage to make it this time round. Original company went bust if memory serves.

<Broken link removed>​

<Broken link removed>​

In one of the Videos the Guys say they initially ran out of money but then secured new funding

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005

<Broken link removed>​

<Broken link removed>​

In one of the Videos the Guys say they initially ran out of money but then secured new funding
They had similar interest 1st time round as well. I am not making any judgements on them either way, just pointing to the facts.

They went pop at around the same time as Fisker did. Both Fisker and Aptera are trying to resurrect themselves and I don't really hold out much hope for either but it is not entirely out of the realms of possibilities they will succeed.
Aptera is a more likely success than Fisker is in my opinion.

Fisker is trying to compete with Tesla and other conventional car manufacturers and I don't think they are special enough to succeed and take market share.

I think Daymak stands more chance than Aptera, as does the Arcimoto. The Nobe is also interesting with it's retro looks but not sure there will be a huge market for it. Although markets like Italy may go for it in a big way.
Arcimoto is having engineering assistance from Munro Associates which is also helping with the marketing push and a starting price of $17,900.
I wouldn't want one of these myself. But they are designing them for multiple uses such as local delivery services etc. I suspect as much as I dislike the vehicles they will be a very big hit.

The Daymak has performance and modern looks with the base model starting at $20,000.

You know I am pro EV's in a big way. But I am not an uncritical fan. I do think there is space for small/micro cars and 3 wheelers and the more of these on the road the better. But I think Aptera is trying to be too clever by half and the little porkies about the solar system grates on me a bit.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back