Could this be a damp problem? (1 Viewer)

Nik

Oct 29, 2014
Cornish exile in Surrey
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Delaware
Exp
1 year
Hi
Just been away for a week in our 2012 Autotrail Delaware and have noticed that the outside half of the shower floor is becoming more 'bouncy' whilst the inside half appears quite firm underfoot. At this time I can't see any obvious leaks or wet areas underneath but am suspecting the worst.
Anyone with any previous such experience? Or ideas.
Thanks.
Nik

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
No expertise or experience so cant really comment on your bouncy floor but my 2012 Autotrail tracker failed the habitation check last year for water ingress.

All the external lockers were resealed under warranty by Autotrail/dealer.

Painless process - take it back to the dealer. I know people (including me) complain about Autotrail warranty processes but they were great with my van on this issue. (y)

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

PeteH

Free Member
Nov 22, 2007
East Riding of Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Rapido, 999M.
Exp
18+yrs plus 25+Towing
I have experienced De-lamination (not personally but friends) in 2 Caravans the first sign is often some noticeable "Flexing", In specific spots. In one case it was water from a tiny crack in the Shower finding it`s way under the wash room wall into the main area by the Kitchen. What is the Warranty Status? My last caravan had a 10year "ingress" warranty?. Which so long as kept up to date with annual checks should cover it.

Pete

pigginchilli

Free Member
May 17, 2015
Town Yetholm
Funster No
MH
low line.
Exp
Iam so glad i didnt read all these damp posts on autotrails before we bought our old mohican, You must be devastated that a vehicle so new can have damp issues!! At the nec show yesterday listening to the autotrail salesmen they have no problems whatsoever, I hate bullshitters and told the couple taking interest in buying one to buy a fifteen old mohican like ours after being ignored by the other sales knobs, one day they mite realise realise that just because you look different money is still not an issue. rant over.:mad:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
It's very common on here. Can be just bad design, poor assembly or rot.

Some "paper over the cracks" successfully, some rip out the base and do a proper repair.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
You say an AUTOTRAIL.... !
2012 build !!!

Got a good chance, get it checked to be certain. Hope you have all the hab checks done and in date for the warranty cover.
Mine ( AT and 2012) is currently back at the factory being sorted.. :(

Reactions: Nik

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back